DCI World Champs Semi Finals - Aug 10, 2018

Who would have thought that the Carpenters music could work in a drum corps show?  Blue Stars made me a believer.  I would put them ahead of Blue Knights. Stars do the most drill of any corps except Cadets and BK do the least.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Minimaster said:

Well, the perc, brass, and guard writers of that show are about to win the championship this year with Vanguard.

The big question is why/how did Phantom let them all go?

you don't want to stir that pot.

1 minute ago, quijeros said:

Yup. Some staff also works at Chino Hills, which is why you see some of those kids starting their drum corps career at Blue Stars.

Yep, representing SoCal, I live in Corona, next door to Chino Hills, went to school with Mapes. Great cat, great program 

• Like 1

Wait, what was that British judge's name? It sounded like Helen Bassett, but I don't see that name on the recaps, so I must have heard wrong. Or is she just training today?

13 minutes ago, EricS said:

2010 is the last great show for PR IMHO and it hasn't ever gotten the praise it deserves.  

It's my favorite of the last ten years, but 2011 has many admirers and they did medal with 2012.

1 minute ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Wait, what was that British judge's name? It sounded like Helen Bassett, but I don't see that name on the recaps, so I must have heard wrong. Or is she just training today?

I think they announced her yesterday, so she may be off today.

Just saw the first of the battle of two blues: Blue Knights and Blue Stars. BK was so strong I was sure they would probably have the upper hand,  but Blue Stars were incredible too. 

• Like 1