DCI World Champs Semi Finals - Aug 10, 2018

5 minutes ago, Cop said:

Cadets guard is kinda blowing my mind

they got so much better - imagine finding out your caption head and all her little minions quit the day before the guard try out camp?

• Like 4

Just now, quijeros said:

No lie, first time I heard that song one of my first thoughts was, "Boy, would this sound great on the field."

Same here.

• Like 1

Cadets did an amazing job. A show that was already animated seemed more so tonight. When a maroon and gold Cadet appeared at the show's end, the place lost it, but I think it would have happened any way, they were that good, but it was a great touch.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sideways said:

Cadets...mellos got a little excited on this run.  Much cleaner than A-town but not feeling the same emotion.  drums rocked it.  Love the classic Cadet uniform at the end.  Rein in the mellos tomorrow and tap into the emotion you had last week.  You are on an island...not going to move up or down so just enjoy.

I hope they can get that allentown feeling tomorrownight.  gonna be tough

Last night the director explained that they are wearing the same Cadets uniform,  it's stripped up depicting turmoil  and at the end of the show they have come full circle from the past year, thus the single uni tonight

Edited by EricS
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Just in case you missed it (I certainly did before today, if it's been there before): at the very end of the show, after the Z-pull, as they come to their final set, suddenly right in the middle is someone wearing their best-known uniform.

first time was tonight. DM carried out the original shako last night. Member changes behind the bass drum during the ballad and then comes out for the final company front. How awesome was that. I sort of went like this:

1420652793-5734-crying-baby.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, George Dixon said:

first time was tonight. DM carried out the original shako last night. Member changes behind the bass drum during the ballad and then comes out for the final company front. How awesome was that. I sort of went like this:

1420652793-5734-crying-baby.jpg

Thanks for that info. It was a cool moment.

1 minute ago, dbc03 said:

And that f***ing knocking :mat:

It's probably Spirit, mad that they won't be performing tomorrow.

• Sad 1