DCI World Champs Semi Finals - Aug 10, 2018

Cavs do a pretty good job of getting the tarps drawn without you noticing them. Oh, you might see a guard member pulling one across, but then you're distracted by something else, and suddenly you realize there's 15 of them out there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, brichtimp said:

Imagine Cadets coming out tomorrow night in the traditional uni....imagine the crowd response.

I've been saying that since I saw the current crappy uniforms in their first show of the year.

Edited by wvu80

Have Cavies added new “sounds to the shoe since last night?

Just now, Cadevilina Crown said:

I hope they do so at retreat.

I started a thread last year suggesting all corps come out in their traditional uni’s for full retreat, it would be awesome. I know cost was the questions, but they can use it for parades/special events throughout the year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I'm sorry and I'm sure it's autocorrect, but your sentence makes no sense.  If you could correct the spelling, I'd like to hear the story.

unitheform >uniform

I have to admit, that ballad feels similar to Cadets '15 placeholder. I.e.....let's just get through this and back to fast. With the impact forced in without any build up.

I'm still VERY optimistic about Cavies' future as a potential medalist year in and year out. But I'll admit this show did not grow into what I thought it would, which was another masterpiece like the last two.

• Like 1

Just now, wvu80 said:

I'm sorry and I'm sure it's autocorrect, but your sentence makes no sense.  If you could correct the spelling, I'd like to hear the story.

If I recall correctly from last night, one of the visual themes in the show is the corps piecing together their old uniform. Some of the visual elements (the gold ropes, white flags, and maroon drapes over the platforms) allude to this.

• Thanks 1