DCI World Champs Semi Finals - Aug 10, 2018

BAC - high energy run through the conquest/sos hits but a bit loose on the ensemble so far...need to tighten things up a bit.

2 minutes ago, PercussiveParent said:

He recovered well enough to not take out the section following him. Scary moment

posted from the DrumScorps app

Yet another compelling reason to ban tarps.....

• Like 1

I remember earlier in the season when that fire was so tall it would curl around and burn any survivor on the platform.

Just me or does the battery sound distant?

16 minutes ago, mfrontz said:

Designers with tarps for high speed DCI drill are doing what the NASA people called 'normalization of deviance' after Challenger.

'No one died this time, or the times before that, so it must be okay.'

Two years ago, the Crossmen had a huge tarp in their Continuum show.  I was at the practice when the design team said they were taking it away.  The members cheered.  As far as I can tell, the lack of tarp made no difference to their score. 

Edited by barigirl78
  • Like 4

Just now, MelloNell said:

I remember earlier in the season when that fire was so tall it would curl around and burn any survivor on the platform.

I thought that was just because it was outdoors, so the wind made it blow sideways into whomever was standing near it. They planned that prop for an indoor, weather-controlled environment.

Just now, brassboy said:

I thought that was just because it was outdoors, so the wind made it blow sideways into whomever was standing near it. They planned that prop for an indoor, weather-controlled environment.

I recall it being higher too.  As high as last years.  But it was a bit too visually overpowering.  It'd distract from what else was going on. I was glad they lowered it.

• Like 1

Just now, brassboy said:

It was burning them up in St Louis. That was indoors. Ruined some guard work on the platform. It’s much shorter now.

• Like 1