DCI World Champs Semi Finals - Aug 10, 2018

Just now, quijeros said:

Oh man, I forgot about that! Bertrand Moren's written some cool solo/ensemble stuff for trombone. I'll check out his brass band stuff too.

Philip Sparke's "Year of the Dragon" was originally written as a brass band piece (Cadets 97). 

1 minute ago, Mookielove said:

Is it possible that the SCV speakers are placed so that Flo’s microphones don’t catch the soloists? That’s my thought.

Flo also has mics they position in front of whatever amps the corps use.

2 minutes ago, cpg35223 said:

No, I'm not. Look, I'm sorry that SCV smoked whatever corps you like, but having a stage on the field is not the same thing as having giant chairs, palm trees, construction equipment, barstools, and whatever hell the else got dragged out of a TJ Maxx. I mean, seriously. Some of these corps make the field look as if a Wal-Mart truck jackknifed in the middle and they're still cleaning up the debris. 

I think SCV should win.

And I think their stages are properly described as props every bit as much as Bloo's chairs are.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cpg35223 said:

No, I'm not. Look, I'm sorry that SCV smoked whatever corps you like, but having a stage on the field is not the same thing as having giant chairs, palm trees, construction equipment, barstools, and whatever hell the else got dragged out of a TJ Maxx. I mean, seriously. Some of these corps make the field look as if a Wal-Mart truck jackknifed in the middle and they're still cleaning up the debris. 

I agree with you. SCV's props are fully integrated into the show in such a way that they are hardly noticeable. I don't mind others props (big chairs are cool, and that painting is off the hook) but SCV has elevated the usage of props to such a never before seen sophisticated and integrated way. The props SCV uses are as important as any other element of their show.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mookielove said:

Is it possible that the SCV speakers are placed so that Flo’s microphones don’t catch the soloists? That’s my thought.

If so they need to move them!

Everything was great at the regionals. Come on SCV.

1 minute ago, quijeros said:

Flo also has mics they position in front of whatever amps the corps use.

Edited by Jeffe77