DCI World Champs Semi Finals - Aug 10, 2018

Wait, while I was watching drum corps, somebody stole (and later crashed) a plane from Seattle's airport today?

Edited by N.E. Brigand

50 minutes ago, bluesman said:

BD 4th in brass, 4th in Color Guard, 2nd in Drums, 2nd in Visual and 3rd in GE.  Had it not been for the terrible drum score for Bluecoats the Blue Devils would have been 3rd.

I think it’s healthy. Scores should always be a toss-up like this — every performance from every person in each corps is a little bit different from night to night, so consistent rankings in every caption across all 3 nights of finals just never made sense to me. Not when everyone is this good and when little errors can make all the difference.

Sounds like BD didn’t have a great run. I’m glad the scores reflect that.  

And guard for BAC would be pretty dang cool.

• Like 5

Phantom could be 12th

Edited by Jeff Ream

2 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Wait, while I was watching drum corps, somebody stole (and later crashed) a plane from Seattle's airport today?

Doesn't surprise me as it was a Q400 which is a turbo-prop which can be a challenge for an inexperienced pilot/ or non-pilot.  The actual theft is easy because their isn't a key to lock the plane like your car...very easy to start-up if you know what you are doing...I actually have that start-up sequence memorized...lol

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Phantom could be 12th

Surprisingly this COULD happen...

Quick reaction to tonight.  Vanguard was awesome.  Bluecoats are closing in.  BAC's guard is on point.  Cadets are unbelievably effective!  Mandarins should climb!  And that Troopers performance today was everything -- one of the best from them ever!  And Music City has one of the most entertaining shows of the year.  So glad to have seen them twice this week!  And we are off to finals!

• Like 6

Very happy for Boston as a corps and the Guard in particular They are literally one score away from winning the caption Ahhhhhh!!!!!

Can you imagin how fantastic it would be if they will be if they pull it off! 

On a side note : It’s so funny!!! We were in the bar at the JW having returned from Semis and you couldnt move for SCV jackets and T shirts. Hahahahahaha. Years prior it was the clothing of a different contender ie Bluecoats or Crown or Cadets.Oh how fickle we are! Every year a new contender for the title owned (rightfully so) by the Blue Devils. They are the comtinuing Dynasty. Amazing! 

Who will the challenger be next year, I wonder?

Looking forward to finals tomorrow

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Phantom could be 12th

This is pretty much unprecedented placement territory for the likes of a great Drum Corps such as Phantom Regiment. They used to be a Destination Drum Corps. Now they have become more of a stepping stone Drum Corps with such placement slippage the last several years now. Its not that they are bad. They are actually still pretty good. But they have not kept pace with the improvements that others are now making around them. The Mandarins now come to mind.