DCI World Champs Semi Finals - Aug 10, 2018

2 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Blue Devils had a couple of malfunctions, including a window pain falling out, handled it as if nothing was wrong. I don't think it will hurt them, but great recovery. I will say I do enjoy this show.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

That was some of the best brass writing I’ve heard in the last decade.  I’ve written extensively on how everyone sounds the same now but the Blue Devils’ arrangers are just better.  They voice the brass like a jazz band, not like a concert band trying to play jazz.  That’s the best description or comparison I know to use.

Yes.  When you're listening to it without seeing it, it's hard to imagine you're not listening to a small jazz ensemble playing at a summer festival somewhere near a beach.

• Like 1

No mercy SCV!

• Like 4

Just now, quijeros said:

Yeah, there was a noticeable tear in the exposed trumpet line near the end of the show.

In the old days when brass execution was a category such a thing could wreck your whole night.

1 minute ago, dbc03 said:

It really isn't, they stand and play then stop playing and run around more than anyone.

Watched it on high camera tonight, and that does not seem accurate.

Gail Royer would love this SCV brass line.

• Like 1

Devils : the out of the gate fanfare is the brightest sound of the night - like they all just had a helping of sugar or something. Soloists sounded like they had some problems, and the “Laura” fanfare toward the end sounded dirty. Won’t catch SCV that way (if that’s even possible). I have confidence it’ll be cleaner tomorrow.

posted from the DrumScorps app