DCI World Champs Semi Finals - Aug 10, 2018

Back at the Marriott finally. 2 things really stood out, based on the last groups. 1) I have never seen the Cavaliers perform Madness & Creativity like they did tonight. It’s hard on a guard when something is ALWAYS airborne, but the boys had it on lockdown tonight. Great job. 

2) the Bluestars guard should get WAY MORE LOVE! When you're close,  they do really cool stuff with the hammers, cords, sabres and the mm’s are in on it too. They do have fun, but that guard is no joke! 

Finally, congrats BAC guard. My wife and I were talking and they literally do everything in that show. The drama, the spell outs, the fire, the Houdini ending. Really strong! 

So yes, it was a guard heavy watch in the deep round tonight vs drill, clean feet, sharp lines Corp movement etc. I wanted to challenge myself to pay close attention and I did! Yay! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

People in the theater last night couldn't stop talking about the guard headgear, how crazy it was and how they wanted one.

Thank the Ayala indoor drumline.  That's where Ike Jackson "borrowed" it from.

While watching BAC I kept thinking they could very well win guard. BD's drum book just keeps getting cleaner. I heard things on headphones I never did before. I noticed a few missed notes and felt their brass performance was pretty off.  SCV could very well take all captions tomorrow. They have to bring it.

I didn't see how Mandarins scored on guard. I thought they were even better than BAC.  Cavaliers guard was super good too.

5 hours ago, KakkoiiOtaku said:

Hopefully that will make a difference.  I don't know if it will or not, but at least I can say I tried.

Thank you

4 hours ago, Box5Opinion said:

Did W Chumley just cost BD the zingali award? 

Chumley is a great judge and called it as he saw it. Boston has an amazing guard book, amazingly trained members (as do BD) and were super clean. 

However, I believe last time M Turner judged, he put Cadets guard over Boston!!!

3 hours ago, DCIDADDIO said:

Back at the Marriott finally. 2 things really stood out, based on the last groups. 1) I have never seen the Cavaliers perform Madness & Creativity like they did tonight. It’s hard on a guard when something is ALWAYS airborne, but the boys had it on lockdown tonight. Great job. 

2) the Bluestars guard should get WAY MORE LOVE! When you're close,  they do really cool stuff with the hammers, cords, sabres and the mm’s are in on it too. They do have fun, but that guard is no joke! 

Finally, congrats BAC guard. My wife and I were talking and they literally do everything in that show. The drama, the spell outs, the fire, the Houdini ending. Really strong! 

So yes, it was a guard heavy watch in the deep round tonight vs drill, clean feet, sharp lines Corp movement etc. I wanted to challenge myself to pay close attention and I did! Yay! 

I think BS guard suffer because of the ranking of the corps as a whole and judges scared to put the guard too much higher than the. Overall position of the corps. 

me thinks ... if you get over an 80 points awarding at World Class you have no business in Open Class any longer. there really should be an activity saved for development. when you have developed it's time to go.

make it fair. it's exactly like Onyx and O2 in winterguard. they are good enough to be world now. stop playing world class. it's completely un sportsman like. it is your time to move on.

posted from the DrumScorps app

7 minutes ago, legacy said:

me thinks ... if you get over an 80 points awarding at World Class you have no business in Open Class any longer. there really should be an activity saved for development. when you have developed it's time to go.

make it fair. it's exactly like Onyx and O2 in winterguard. they are good enough to be world now. stop playing world class. it's completely un sportsman like. it is your time to move on.

I meant stop playing open class, you're done that now. let it be what it is for the groups that are coming up.