DCI World Champs Semi Finals - Aug 10, 2018

Crossmen better be on the mark this afternoon. Spirit did not give anything away today. As a matter of fact, their passionate performance today reminded me of a passionate performance by a solidly placing 13th corps in 2012 who knocked Blue Stars out of finals, the 2012 Crossmen.

Nice job, Spirit! I have to say, I'm a little disappointed, the corps didn't give quite as perfect of a performance as I was hoping, nor did the members seem to lay down as much intense emotion as Colts & Academy. Maybe playing it conservatively to ensure a perfectly focused run? Either way, I didn't quite get the gunning-for-Saturday-night intensity, cleanliness, or hunger that I was expecting Spirit to unquestionably leave on the field. But, this is all small amounts of opinions --- that brass line alone could land them into Finals, and their guard has REALLY progressed very well throughout the season.

1 minute ago, quijeros said:

Whatever the scores, Spirit should be proud of this season and this show!!

This is why watching the semis below the top 12 is so important to me.

• Like 3

What a super spirited show....that's the way to knock onto top 12...best of luck. 

I loved it! :-)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, t.a.r.b. said:

Spirit... I can’t believe they were in 21st place just two years ago. What a difference! This is a completely different corps on the field.

The same year Boston almost didn't make Finals. Who says there's no movement in drum corps, right?

• Like 1

So, is Spirit going to show Crossmen the door?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jake W. said:

Nice job, Spirit! I have to say, I'm a little disappointed, the corps didn't give quite as perfect of a performance as I was hoping, nor did the members seem to lay down as much intense emotion as Colts & Academy. Maybe playing it conservatively to ensure a perfectly focused run? Either way, I didn't quite get the gunning-for-Saturday-night intensity, cleanliness, or hunger that I was expecting Spirit to unquestionably leave on the field. But, this is all small amounts of opinions --- that brass line alone could land them into Finals, and their guard has REALLY progressed very well throughout the season.

sometimes the "controlled" performance actually scores a lot better. A well trained unit (which Spirit is) will keep the emotions in check

• Like 2

Does Bones count as an MM being there at the edge of the end zone?