DCI World Champs Semi Finals - Aug 10, 2018

12 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

I am holding out hope that Cadets will take out Cavies tonight or tomorrow night. 

Ahhhh the veritable "everyone gets a trophy" final year. I am so glad there are no more ties. 

Hah.  Yeah ties at the top suck.  But a tie for 12th means "bonus shows!"

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Your gif game is on again. 

When my sister marched high school ISSMA in 1981, her school and another technically tied for the top. They called the directors in who agreed to a tie breaker procedure where the judging panel would individually pick which of the two they thought was better in a secret ballot. The winner of the ballot would be given .05 (they only differentiated by tenths then). 

So they were second BU a mathematically impossible margin in the judging system. 

Despite that went against them, many of the kids felt it was a fair way to settle it and preferred it to a tie. Two years later they roared to a win of their own 

• Like 2

I'm at Shapiro's right now. One day of stadium meals is enough. I'll be more than fueled up for semi's.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Things I’d like to see tonight ranked from most likely to least likely:

1. Cavies reclaim 5th from BAC

2. Bloo edging out BD for 2nd. 

3. Spirit making Top 12. 

1. Cavaliers need to march a clean show! Good luck with that! Boston Crusaders are just cleaner! 

2. Maybe, BUT Visually Blue Devils are just clobbering them and the guard is insane! 

3. NO! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I'm at Shapiro's right now. One day of stadium meals is enough. I'll be more than fueled up for semi's.

LOVE it there. Mmmmm pastrami 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Hah.  Yeah ties at the top suck.  But a tie for 12th means "bonus shows!"

I kind of wished that they would have called a tie between Spartans and Legends for 25th so they could both be in this show.  A .013 difference at the bottom seems too close to call. Just my 2 cents.

3 minutes ago, kkrepps said:

I kind of wished that they would have called a tie between Spartans and Legends for 25th so they could both be in this show.  A .013 difference at the bottom seems too close to call. Just my 2 cents.

And it was pretty much decided by the Legends laying an egg in Percussion yesterday.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kkrepps said:

BD wishes they had this in force on Finals Night 2008 to determine " too close to call ".