DCI World Champs Semi Finals - Aug 10, 2018

Just now, Den8uml said:

I always love Crossmen shows, especially live. But there are never memorable show elements for me, good or bad.  Like hunting rabbits, hearts beating, burning witches, da Vinci, knocking on doors, giant chairs, paintings coming to life, beds on the field, bob the builder, here comes the train, men are from mars, etc. 

The opening guard work and Sweetness follows are that for me this year.

Looking at prelims scores again, if Crossmen aren't necessarily a lock, then neither are Mandarins. 0.350 is almost nothing (referring to last night). I'm super hesitant to count Spirit out of Saturday after that run.

• Like 1

Just now, dcsnare93 said:

Mandarins!

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo purple band!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Make history :93_punch:

• Like 2

Just now, Den8uml said:

I always love Crossmen shows, especially live. But there are never memorable show elements for me, good or bad.  Like hunting rabbits, hearts beating, burning witches, da Vinci, knocking on doors, giant chairs, paintings coming to life, beds on the field, bob the builder, here comes the train, men are from mars, etc. 

How about a giant question mark drill move to end a show about planet earth? 

• Thanks 3

This is the first  time I really connected to Crossmen's show.  Their show is more demanding and they execute it better than the corps behind them as well as a couple of corps that have been beating them all season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Den8uml said:

How could you find that opener not memorable?

• Like 1

WTG Crossmen!  That was sweet.  Really enjoyed that. 

I think that should keep you in finals.   What a year for drumcorps...so many great shows...I hate to have to pick one over another...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

Indeed. I think they should be safely in finals.  Just be sure they do the Delta at retreat per historical ties.  Something special to nod to Spirit this year, like borrowing a door for retreat, would not be out of line.

That would be cool!