DCI World Champs Semi Finals - Aug 10, 2018

Since we're all sharing Phantom shows that got us into classical music, the 95 Rachmaninov show really got me interested in the composer. I love his choral works.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SiFrySopUK said:

I get what you're saying but phantom have had that "sound" for decades... Didn't hear it tonight.

the year they left King didn't help either

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, quijeros said:

Speaking of Jacob, was that his brother on the mello solo this year for School for Scandal? I thought he was drum major last year.

Yes, Zach is the soloist for "School For Scandal" and his brother Jacob was Flugelhorn soloist in  2016's "Unchained Melody"..  Zach  (was never DM) he went on to Blue Devils the following year. Both brothers were MARCHING members of THE ACADEMY in 2016.. FYI: Jacob and Zach  are part of "Triplets" that includes their Sister.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, quijeros said:

Since we're all sharing Phantom shows that got us into classical music, the 95 Rachmaninov show really got me interested in the composer. I love his choral works.

Not the 2011 Queen show? :biggrin:

• Like 1

Troopers turned in a respectable performance today.  I wish them the best for the future.  They kept their heads held high all season.  Great job Troop!

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, CorpsRelic said:

Yes, Zach is the soloist for "School For Scandal" and his brother Jacob was Flugelhorn soloist in  2016's "Unchained Melody"..  Zach  (was never DM) he went on to Blue Devils the following year. Both brothers were MARCHING members of THE ACADEMY in 2016.. FYI: Jacob and Zach  are part of "Triplets" that includes their Sister.

You mean Jacob went to BD?

I don't know why, but I thought Zach was a drum major in 2017. I remember seeing his smile at least. Maybe he was a soloist.

Phantom Regiment has been one of my favorite corps since the first time I saw them back in 1977.  But I really haven't enjoyed one to their shows since Turandot back in 2012.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, quijeros said:

I like this New World/Angels in America mashup thing for the ballad.

I think it's an interesting mix, but names are important and I can't help but wonder if PR used the title "Going Home" the hymn/vocal title rather than "New World" there would have been less criticism. Folks in Lawrence a few weeks ago were geared up to hear 1989 again, and a few last night here in Indy said the same thing. Titles give certain expectations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1