DCI World Champs Semi Finals - Aug 10, 2018

Just now, MelloNell said:

So they can walk like ........

Two spaces up, one to the side. Or one space up, two to the side. Both are legal moves.

I think I missed the joke.

Just now, KVG_DC said:

BK on the field.  This is another show that's taken awhile to grow on me but it has. BK does such unusual things but it seems to pull together by finals.  I still don't entirely get why the Egyptian theme.

It feels like somewhat of a departure from the emotionally driven shows from the past four years. Is there any change in the design staff?

I was the in the same boat about this show. I guess it didn't help that I'd heard Rite of Spring dozens of times on the field over the years. But I'm loving the BK take on it now.

8 minutes ago, Dcbae!23 said:

WVU used to have 350 people in the band? ####, is it still that big?

Yes, very big. Twenty-four Sousaphones, 60 trumpets, that sort of thing. They have a pretty good marching band, comparable with Alabama, Michigan, SoCal, Oklahoma and any of the big Texas bands.  Very modern drum corps style marching.

We were very progressive, we marched trombones way before any of the drum corps did.  :laugh:

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

Congrats to Mandarins! Well deserved!

• Like 2

This two Music Analysis judge thing is getting like GE.  One MA judge had the Crossmen in 1st (so far).  The other had them in 4th.  I guess the reason for two judges is to account for such difference of option, but jeez.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ouooga said:

Got roped into a pyramid scheme.

Well played

• Like 1