DCI World Champs Semi Finals - Aug 10, 2018

Arg.  Getting there safely is important too though.

3 minutes ago, luv4corps said:

Spartans color guard looks AWESOME.  Speaking of their color guard... they are beating a LOT of world class color guards.  Just excellent.

Great feature during Claire de Lune.

Doesn't hurt that the guard is so well staged and featured throughout the show.

• Like 2

Spartans have always done visual design well..

• Like 1

Blown away.  Spartans - great run!!!  My first look at this show.  Has a GREAT look to it.  Again, always a very strong color guard from this corps.

4 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Spartans have always done visual design well..

That show had GREAT spacing.  

AWESOME PERFORMANCE SPARTANS!!!  WOW what a world Class Caliber Guard!!! BRAVO!

Oh Genesis looks happy!  They know they fought hard for this placement to make this show this year and they're gonna pour their hearts out!

• Like 2

A central Ohio band did a Leonard da Vinci show two or three years ago. As Ohio bands go, it was good, although obviously nowhere near the level of what Spartans are doing here. However, in one respect I preferred it: there were (sigh, prerecorded) quotes from da Vinci before each movement, but they didn't feature a Italian accent. (In fact, they sounded almost like Sean Connery sans Scottish accent.) After all, I don't think da Vinci even spoke English (not to mention that English itself sounded a whole lot different in the late 1400s, when the Great Vowel Shift was underway), so any quotation is of something he would have said in Italian, and thus would be heard as accentless to anyone he addressed.

I think one of the powerhouse Texas bands also did a da Vinci show that year or the next. I recall seeing some video of a pretty impressive flying machine prop.

Spartans just finished. The guard as usual was great. They seemed to enjoy performing what will be their last show of the season, their best in quite a while.