Length of Shows in 2018

2 hours ago, FTNK said:

he thinks hes always right

I don't think there's one man or woman on this planet who is always right :) In fact, I think humans in general are mostly wrong :)

On 8/10/2018 at 2:08 AM, N.E. Brigand said:

Santa Clara Vanguard -- 12:09

I couldn’t figure out how to do two quotes in one thread but another commenter mentioned the max time is 13 minutes. If the above time is accurate, I need exactly 51 more seconds of the Sustain.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Rileydog said:

Great explanation! But should a “level of difficulty” measurement be there? I know there is no subjective way to measure that but a longer brass played show requires higher conditioning. Idk, just asking for a friend!

Level of difficulty is part of music analysis.  Always has been going back to 1972.  For a few years there was a separate component of percussion just for level of difficulty.  For instance, in 1980, 40% of the score for drums was Percussion Analysis and Degree of Excellence.  40% of the brass score was Music Analysis.  That means 18% of the entire evaluation was what they were playing and how well.  That was completely separate from field and ensemble scoring for both drums and brass.

1980 SCV placed 10th in field brass, 8th in brass ensemble and 8th combined.  However, they were 3rd in music analysis, which raised their overall brass placement to 7th.  Difficulty has always been part of judging.