I never want to hear that BD doesn’t move enough again

This argument is unlikely to go anywhere without someone sitting down with the videos and taking the time to document how much each group is moving and how much ground they're covering.

(And that someone is not going to be me in the near future.)

• Like 1

I was really excited after the first 30 seconds of BDs show because they were running and playing. Then the other 11 minutes happened.

SCV was guilty too, but I still felt like they moved and played more. That could be my desire to see someone other than BD win though. Either way they learned the formula from the corps that has won with it 6 out of the last 10 years.

• Like 2

Listen to the Field Pass. Michael Gaines actually says that they wanted the show to be more of a stage production.

He says field coverage is a little antiquated and that environmental challenges are more important.

Now how he doesn’t think greater field coverage isn’t an environmental challenge is beyond me.

This is the from the guy that wrote Four Corners, etc. for goodness sake.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, hostrauser said:

BD won with a show that had absolutely zero individual visual difficulty and very, very little ensemble visual difficulty.  

Thought I was having a good night, but apparently I’ve died and gone to Hell, where we rehash the same dull argument about BDs lack of visual difficulty over and over for eternity.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, dbc03 said:

I was really excited after the first 30 seconds of BDs show because they were running and playing. Then the other 11 minutes happened.

SCV was guilty too, but I still felt like they moved and played more. That could be my desire to see someone other than BD win though. Either way they learned the formula from the corps that has won with it 6 out of the last 10 years.

BD moves and plays for the opener, they move and play their way through TWO ballads, the company front and the crazy section immediately following are pretty traditional moving and playing, the closer is certainly moving and playing. Yes, there is other variety mixed in there, but to suggest that they don’t move and play at all is, among other things, lazy.

But if you just meant during the drum breaks, no, totally, you’re absolutely right.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MikeBD said:

While SCV has a very entertaining show I swear there are brass members that never go to the back half of the field or outside of the 25.

Im convinced that people are just tired of BD winning. If Crown played SCVs show you might not have any hearing left.  In my 32 years of watching finals (BD won me over in 86) I have not disliked a winning show til now.  I have always had great respect for other corps but this show is beyond easy considering how talented the performers are.

Flame away.

The only flaming being done here is being done by you.  You are obviously mad and decided to vent about something that gets under your skin.  Congratulations on picking a good year to bring up a corps who moves less than BD.  Blue Devils are doing quite a bit of drill and has decent field coverage this year.  So anyone complaining about Blue Devils not moving enough is wrong.  Of course this year is an exception because in most seasons the criticism is valid.

• Like 3