I never want to hear that BD doesn’t move enough again

3 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

SCV absolutely deserves this title for what they are doing as much as for how well they perform.  The same was true of BD last year and Bluecoats the year before.  Exciting times ahead for DCI Fans!

Absolutely, and this now BD parent will be cheering just as loudly for Vanguard win they take gold tonight, as I do for when BD's placement is announced. That is, if have any voice left after Mandarin's placement is announced.

Edited by dcsnare93

1 hour ago, queenanne_1536 said:

1991 Star of Indiana?

They would certainly be one of the few right there with Cadets 93 in terms of sheer marching, speed, demand, notes, field coverage. Maybe Crown 2013, Cadets 1997....there are not many, which was my point. I love to see a show like those, if the corps can pull it off, but I also love what BD, Bluecoats, SCV, and Crown are doing today. :)

2 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

They would certainly be one of the few right there with Cadets 93 in terms of sheer marching, speed, demand, notes, field coverage. Maybe Crown 2013, Cadets 1997....there are not many, which was my point. I love to see a show like those, if the corps can pull it off, but I also love what BD, Bluecoats, SCV, and Crown are doing today. :)

Me too, on all accounts. I really like this year from top to bottom.

No doubt that SCV doesn’t move much.  Great show? Of course.  Been thinking that all year.  

After this year- why would corps want to run around the field at 180 bpm like the Cadets and some others?

• Like 1

Don’t have time to read thru everything at finals. Bluecoats at least stretch the field.  In my 33 years following this activity the vanguard show (great music) is the worst show ever to win.  The lack of stretching the field is a joke.  The drumline barely moves after the opening 

When everyone follows this crap and condenses the field look no further than this farce of a show.  Uttterly disappointing.

If Crown or costs played this no one would have any hearing left.  

Edited by MikeBD

5 hours ago, skevinp said:

I never want to hear that you never want to hear that BD doesn’t move enough again again

Thanks for adding nothing.   Kind of like SCV movements   NOTHING 

23 hours ago, hostrauser said:

We come from park and bark to pose and play.

But you must have an awful short memory considering just last year BD won with a show that had absolutely zero individual visual difficulty and very, very little ensemble visual difficulty.  There was a 10-15 second run in Flight of the Bumblebee that was the only time in the whole show the entire ensemble was moving and playing at the same time. The other 11 minutes were "Run to these stairs! Pose! Play! Run to your next set! Pose! Play!" They were handed 20s in visual just for... good staging, I guess?

The Blue Devils have very effectively codified THEIR visual style into the visual sheets, so in that the ONLY way to get good visual scores in DCI is to do it the Blue Devils way. Don't get salty because Vanguard is beating them at their own game this year.

I guess you missed the part where BD stretched the field like every year.  This SCV is an insult to drum Corp but don’t let the facts ruin your perfectly bad argument 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, bluesman said:

The only flaming being done here is being done by you.  You are obviously mad and decided to vent about something that gets under your skin.  Congratulations on picking a good year to bring up a corps who moves less than BD.  Blue Devils are doing quite a bit of drill and has decent field coverage this year.  So anyone complaining about Blue Devils not moving enough is wrong.  Of course this year is an exception because in most seasons the criticism is valid.

Hater