I never want to hear that BD doesn’t move enough again

"Blue Devils never do enough drill"... various DCP posters.

"Vanguard did nothing visually this year"... other DCP posters.

"I believe it is peace for our time"... Neville Chamberlain. 

:laughing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Blue Devils never do enough drill"... various DCP posters.

Interesting analysis. Like all studies these days -- eggs are bad / eggs are good, strange you say?"Really not who ever funds the study gets the results they want.  Eggs / SCV /BD  what's the difference the polls are all fixed. Now if we could only ask a fifth grader to spoof this site some could really get the results their looking for. For now I like both SCV & BD but must be biased because I listed SCV first. One could never win this debate??????????

15 hours ago, seen-it-all said:

HOLY-_HYPERBOLE-_BATMAN.jpg

:lle:

To be fair, for any given fan, one of the first-place shows from the past 33 years must be the worst of the lot.

If SCV '18 is that show for some people, you or I may disagree, but how can we prove them wrong?

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

"Blue Devils never do enough drill"... various DCP posters.

"I believe it is peace for our time"... Neville Chamberlain. 

:laughing:

Chamberlain gets a bad rap. (Last year's movie about Churchill, for instance.) He was wrong, but he was trying to do the right thing.

On 8/19/2018 at 1:29 PM, MikeBD said:

Literally the worst winning show in the last 33 years.

One prominent poster here would argue that BD '09 had less musical demand than any other championship show.

But what I'm curious about is your reference to 33 years. Are you saying that Cadets '85 is worse than this year? Or Blue Devils '86?

17 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

To be fair, for any given fan, one of the first-place shows from the past 33 years must be the worst of the lot.

If SCV '18 is that show for some people, you or I may disagree, but how can we prove them wrong?

I'm not attempting to prove him wrong. I'm attempting to prove that his assertions are hyperbolic. Besides, everybody knows that the 1988 Madison Scouts was the worst 1st place show in the past 33 years. And no other show even comes close. That show should be stricken from the history books. It was an atrocity against human nature and disgraces the DCI Championship trophy. All involved should be banished from drum corps for all eternity. :bleah:

• Haha 2

I don't know if SCV rocked or sucked by whatever metric is used, but it's the first corps show I've thoroughly enjoyed in a long time. The ballad is just perfect, perfect, perfect. If they're "WGI" and that's the direction, I'm cool with that. And I'm old.

• Like 1

Besides, everybody knows that the 1988 Madison Scouts was the worst 1st place show in the past 33 years.

I liked it, was there live as I been for most dci's, have you? If not drum corp is a lot better live leaves little to criticize. 

I'm attempting to prove that his assertions are hyperbolic. Besides, everybody knows that the 1988 Madison Scouts was the worst 1st place show in the past 33 years.

What is your unit of measure over the past 33 years in determining that the 88 Scouts were the worst? Did they have the lowest winning score? Did the audience just sit on their hands throughout the show? Did they receive the least amount of standing O's? The proof is in the pudding did Madison deny you your pudding that day or was it the Bush beer they served in Arrowhead. Did it give you a bitter beer face that you just can't rid yourself of? It must be something your not telling us.

Hyperbolic is a strong word. Have you watched all the winning performances and counted those standing clapping and screaming loudly. I have, look at Star 93, on the video scanning the lower stands there was one person standing, a good friend of mine. We laughed about that this year at finals again. It does not mean that Star was the worst at all but I bet if you look at how many stood for Madison there would be a difference.

If you're attempting to prove something just throwing out hyperbolic is weak, please prove away.