2019 Phantom Regiment

14 minutes ago, MikeD said:

I got to the theater when they started the Largo. I liked them a lot. 

For next year, they need to finally listen to my annual demand....er...request and program Janacek's "Sinfonietta" as their show.

Well you ARE consistent.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ghost said:

Nope!  They've got enough percussion quads already.  PR needs 16 contras.

Its never the number.. its the quality. Madison Scouts a few years back went out with 20 Tubas... finished 10th.  Blue Devils, same year, went out with half that number.. 10. They won DCI that season.

14 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Its never the number.. its the quality. Madison Scouts a few years back went out with 20 Tubas... finished 10th.  Blue Devils, same year, went out with half that number.. 10. They won DCI that season.

The 20 contras was mentioned on the previous page, but PR seemed to be known for their lower brass, so the suggestion to get back to 20.  No matter what their brass breakdown of section numbers will be, they probably will be addressing other issues first.

• Like 1

We also need these back:

580401-1000-0.jpg?rev=2

that’s right...it’s a Buick. 

• Like 6

Can't afford this any more. But the original owners should have kept it, I know that. But they didn't value the old thing, I guess. But some wealthy sport apparently did. This is a pic of a 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO.   In August of 2014, at a Classic Car Auction in Monterey, Calif. the current owner received  $38, 115, 000. 00. for it.  Thats right. You heard it right. It sold for 38 million, 115 thousand dollars.

29eba5664999bdbf7e71b20d7c286006f88a06c6.500.jpeg

Edited by BRASSO

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 7:41 AM, TheAngryBavarian said:

I was simply posing the question as to what you all think they can/should do better next year.

Not come in 12th?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Ghost said:

The 20 contras was mentioned on the previous page, but PR seemed to be known for their lower brass, so the suggestion to get back to 20.  No matter what their brass breakdown of section numbers will be, they probably will be addressing other issues first.

hmmm.... 20 at 5k-7K a piece is a mighty hunk of change. Does PR have a deep piggy bank at present??? How much, Ghost and others, will you be donating?

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

hmmm.... 20 at 5k-7K a piece is a mighty hunk of change. Does PR have a deep piggy bank at present??? How much, Ghost and others, will you be donating?

I only have enough expendable income to donate to one corps.  If they acquire new equipment every year and the company they use does not give them a nice discount, and they're not able to sell the equipment used in the just completed season, yeah, it would be a lot of money.  I believe Boston has a program where you can make an initial investment that will be used to buy equipment each year, and when it's sold you earn a nice chunk of change.