2019 Phantom Regiment

9 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I only have enough expendable income to donate to one corps.  If they acquire new equipment every year and the company they use does not give them a nice discount, and they're not able to sell the equipment used in the just completed season, yeah, it would be a lot of money.  I believe Boston has a program where you can make an initial investment that will be used to buy equipment each year, and when it's sold you earn a nice chunk of change.  

yes, the mfgrs. usually extend that to the top 6 corps. Rockford was not a top 6.

As for what I hope to see, most of all someone to get involved who is an ace at fund raising.

stop trying to do what they think the judges want them to do and just do what they do well. Prioritize the audience over the judges. A program designer with vision, who wants to do a drum corps show, not a wgi show. Most importantly, music  arrangements that we would want to listen to on their own without watching the visual. 

I just hope they figure something out. They are a special drum corps with lots of great people involved, and it's sad to see them tumble.

Edited by general_tsos_chicken2
  • Like 3

I have been giving a lot of thought to 'concept' and, though I haven't yet decided on the actual arrangements that would make up the concept, as a homage of sorts to 2010's Into The Light, 2019 should be 'Into The Night'. The concept is already 'dark' (DUH) which a lot of people have expressed a desire for the corps to return to that genre. So, what musical selections would you suggest for an 'Into The Night' concept?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Rocketman said:

I have been giving a lot of thought to 'concept' and, though I haven't yet decided on the actual arrangements that would make up the concept, as a homage of sorts to 2010's Into The Light, 2019 should be 'Into The Night'. The concept is already 'dark' (DUH) which a lot of people have expressed a desire for the corps to return to that genre. So, what musical selections would you suggest for an 'Into The Night' concept?

JANACEK. SINFONIETTA.

I am fully on board with @MikeD on this.

6 hours ago, Rocketman said:

The final movement of Mahler 6, and have a live hammer blow (NO recording!!!)- that's some G. E. right there. (For those of you who don't know... )

• Like 1

GE if your horns BLOW some air through the horns.

12 hours ago, mfrontz47 said:

The final movement of Mahler 6, and have a live hammer blow (NO recording!!!)- that's some G. E. right there. (For those of you who don't know... )

I've been thinking recently about what Mahler pieces Phantom would play that they haven't touched yet (i.e. not Symphony 2 or 7), and this one came to mind.

Parts of symphonies 1 and 5 would also be great for Phantom to use. (How have they not touched the famous Adagietto from 5 yet?)