2019 Phantom Regiment

I'd love to see Jamie Thompson go back to PR...Turandot show comes to mind and so many others as well...well one can only dream..

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Liahona said:

I'd love to see Jamie Thompson go back to PR...Turandot show comes to mind and so many others as well...well one can only dream..

You echo the admiration and respect many have for Jamie's contributions.

However, Ralph Stewart was hired prior to the 2018 season to be our drill designer and I believe we need to give him ample opportunity to make his mark.

According to the Regiment's announcement of the current members of the 2018 visual team, Ralph marched six seasons with Crown, including 1994-1996 as Drum Major.

Before joining PR, he was the visual designer for the Colts and had been a designer or technician for Blue Stars, Teal Sound, Crown and Boston in prior years.

As a music educator/designer, I have to say that I enjoyed sections of Regiment's show this year.  Other sections to me, were not as good.  I think it was a mistake programming the New World Symphony.  To many people remember the 1989 version.  This year's show didn't come close to the designs of Brazale, Wren, and Hurley.  I think they should consider hiring a program consultant to help them get on track.  The corps was young this year, and I believe some of the  design team is too.  Get a veteran program consultant to help steer the team in the right direction.

Edited by cavies79
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, cavies79 said:

As a music educator/designer, I have to say that I enjoyed sections of Regiment's show this year.  Other sections to me, were not as good.  I think it was a mistake programming the New World Symphony.  To many people remember the 1989 version.  This year's show didn't come close to the designs of Brazale, Wren, and Hurley.  I think they should consider hiring a program consultant to help them get on track.  The corps was young this year, and I believe some of the  design team is too.  Get a veteran program consultant to help steer the team in the right direction.

Many of you may think Pitts is a good writer, although I disagree,  but one thing for sure is he not creative.  PR definitely needs a different creative director.

On 8/18/2018 at 11:23 PM, 1956OPR said:

You echo the admiration and respect many have for Jamie's contributions.

However, Ralph Stewart was hired prior to the 2018 season to be our drill designer and I believe we need to give him ample opportunity to make his mark.

According to the Regiment's announcement of the current members of the 2018 visual team, Ralph marched six seasons with Crown, including 1994-1996 as Drum Major.

Before joining PR, he was the visual designer for the Colts and had been a designer or technician for Blue Stars, Teal Sound, Crown and Boston in prior years.

Ralph has already left the visual design position after Finals. On the music side, I have always wanted Phantom Regiment to play Liturgical Dances.

• Like 1

I say Game of Thrones.  Go back to all white...Winter is Coming.

Edited by Mello Dude
  • Like 1

Scrolling through stuff about SCV... there was discussion about whether or not Pete Weber will or will not return to replace Michael Gaines at Vanguard. Gets me thinking, Vanguard’s drill with Weber was awesome!!!! Imagine if Phantom was able to get him on staff! Thoughts? Is this foreseeable or not likely at all?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Who's on first? said:

Scrolling through stuff about SCV... there was discussion about whether or not Pete Weber will or will not return to replace Michael Gaines at Vanguard. Gets me thinking, Vanguard’s drill with Weber was awesome!!!! Imagine if Phantom was able to get him on staff! Thoughts? Is this foreseeable or not likely at all?

Not sure but I certainly hope so. Look at the visual design in 2016 and this year and it's just night and day 

6 hours ago, Who's on first? said:

Regiment went with "difficult drill" once in recent memory, and it resulted in a show on the all-time favorite lists of many - Myron Rosander wrote the crazy drill in 2010.