2019 Phantom Regiment

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I appreciate his honesty.  We have enough bullsh##### in drum corps. 

i get it. i've held back personally

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i get it. i've held back personally

I have as well.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I have as well.

Yeah, I’m keeping my public opinions pretty close to the vest right now. As always, I’m pulling for my corps to knock it out of the park— and sincerely hope they do— but, yeah...kinda holding my breath right now. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

So are the volunteers who help park vehicles.   More every year. 

Logistics and $$ aside (not that those aren't significant issues in their own right)  I find that the merging of music (with timely staging) and shape/space/motion created by performers is the most rewarding (and unique) aspect of marching music.  Props, lights, in-ear monitors, mics -- IMHO they all dilute that uniqueness in a hopeless attempt to mimic a theater stage.  If you want to be Blast!,  go inside and do Blast! properly.  Trying to do Blast! outdoors is an excellent way to throw away time and money.  </rant over> <back to Phantom> 

5 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I appreciate his honesty.  We have enough bullsh##### in drum corps. 

I agree. It seems any time someone is being honest and critical they are declared negative by the masses. I would love the opportunity to sit face-to-face with Madison and Regiment's entire teams and tell them to their faces that they need a kick in the pants. Let's be real, I wouldn't be qualified to take any staff position on Blue Devils C, but I would have had the sense to where I on Madison's staff to speak out that the narration and prop last year were total garbage, and were I on Regiment's that the drill, guard book, music book, props and entire visual production was a big huge mess. Why are these qualified and capable designers incapable of reaching such conclusions? It's baffling. 

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I agree. It seems any time someone is being honest and critical they are declared negative by the masses. I would love the opportunity to sit face-to-face with Madison and Regiment's entire teams and tell them to their faces that they need a kick in the pants. Let's be real, I wouldn't be qualified to take any staff position on Blue Devils C, but I would have had the sense to where I on Madison's staff to speak out that the narration and prop last year were total garbage, and were I on Regiment's that the drill, guard book, music book, props and entire visual production was a big huge mess. Why are these qualified and capable designers incapable of reaching such conclusions? It's baffling. 

As baffling is how most of the 2018 designers were invited back! 

I'm intrigued by the addition of a Vegas production designer. But as I understand it, his literal first drum corps experience was watching finals week in Indy last year! (!!!) That's risky af.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1