2019 Phantom Regiment

The problem is probably as basic as; do the people there (PR org) even understand how the show they are getting to perform is at BEST a lower scoring BOA show?  Let that sink in. The kids/young adults are not the problem.  The staff is not getting it done AND they haven't had a product to really get excited about.  Whomever is selling these show designs needs to take up being a car salesman because they can sell.....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 3/24/2019 at 12:50 PM, phd-student-TTU said:

Make new classics!

Classical music doesn't have to be from the 19th Century.  Those that want to hear old war horses should go someplace else.

At this point I could care less what piece they play as long as someone arranges the hell out of it.  Seriously, if Crown can make Major Tom work...there are no excuses.

Edited by Mello Dude
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Mello Dude said:

At this point I could care less what piece they play as long as someone arranges the hell out of it.  Seriously, if Crown can make Major Tom work...there are no excuses.

Every last drop of this ^

(that said, I've been given no reason to have faith that this will happen)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mello Dude said:

This. I don't care if they dig into the past, just arrange it so it works

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

This. I don't care if they dig into the past, just arrange it so it works

That's been my issue, which is why I would prefer to see them not dig into the past, or at least not with songs that people hold with such high regard. I don't think the uses in recent years have been written well, nor performed to the same level of the past, so I think they should just move on.

• Like 1

Could care less. Couldn’t care less. Guess it doesn’t matter. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Things do seem to have gone a little stale in Rockford in the past few years. Young Person's Guide got me out of my seat in '16, but since then it's kinda been a snooze fest. Not necessarily advocating the traditional/easily recognized classics, but throw us a bone that you're serious about working back towards the top.