2019 Phantom Regiment

20 hours ago, tesmusic said:

I remember speaking to a judge years ago, that said 1989 PR was their definition of stellar M&M.

"I march with Phantom 'cause I like straight lines..."                                           (that old 1812 ditty.)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

"I march with Phantom 'cause I like straight lines..."                                           (that old 1812 ditty.)

i march in Phantom cause i like 4th place....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 8:50 PM, jthomas666 said:

1.  I don't care what direction the activity is going, I want more emphasis on music.  Also, get off my lawn!

2. They're definitely emphasizing visuals...they're just not doing it very well.

#2 = Too much truth! It's exceedingly sad to think that they are (allegedly) emphasizing visual and then put out what we see on the field. Combined with highly questionable musical arrangements, and you have a recipe for disaster (2017 - 2018).  IMO, Wills best work was 2016, and has been progressively less each year since, coinciding with the continued drop in placement. I fear 2019!

On 4/17/2019 at 8:02 AM, Old Corps Guy said:

Show I might be going out on a limb with this one.  Do the events at The Notre Dame Cathedral this week take Phantom Regiment on a whole new path with their show theme? 

Just a thought.

:whistle:

I was watching BBC America Monday night and they interviewed a gothic music professor and she spoke on the cathedrals importance in music history.  

It WOULD be cool to here Phantom playing music that was written or played in that cathedral. 

On 4/16/2019 at 8:50 PM, jthomas666 said:

1.  I don't care what direction the activity is going, I want more emphasis on music.  Also, get off my lawn!

I want this, too. I want sustainable melody. I want fewer pieces played during the show. I want a symphony orchestra and ballet company moving on the field together producing glorious music with stunning drill. 

On 3/26/2019 at 7:55 AM, Mello Dude said:

The problem is probably as basic as; do the people there (PR org) even understand how the show they are getting to perform is at BEST a lower scoring BOA show?  Let that sink in. The kids/young adults are not the problem.  The staff is not getting it done AND they haven't had a product to really get excited about.  Whomever is selling these show designs needs to take up being a car salesman because they can sell.....

The staff is just not getting it done, but can then? Rather, can Regiment pay for staff that can get it done? I don't think so. When I think about it, in the late 80s, we had what 12-16 total staff members? I was just on Vanguard's website. They have 79 staff members this year. SEVENTY NINE. That is insane. No wonders corps like Madison and Regiment can't keep up. How is that sustainable.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I was just on Vanguard's website. They have 79 staff members this year. SEVENTY NINE. That is insane. No wonders corps like Madison and Regiment can't keep up. How is that sustainable.

1.  By being one of the strongest organizations financially.

2.  There’s a good chance not all of them are on the payroll.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ghost said:

1.  By being one of the strongest organizations financially.

2.  There’s a good chance not all of them are on the payroll.

and not all go on the road, and not all go on the road full time

• Like 2

On 4/18/2019 at 7:53 PM, ThePlanets said:

I was watching BBC America Monday night and they interviewed a gothic music professor and she spoke on the cathedrals importance in music history.  

It WOULD be cool to here Phantom playing music that was written or played in that cathedral. 

Cathedral...

Great show idea.  Maybe BAC still has the 2006 arch props (usually referred to as "the bottle openers") from several seasons back.

Much music would be available for such a show idea, past, present, and perhaps future.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Cathedral...

Great show idea.  Maybe BAC still has the arch props (usually referred to as "the bottle openers") from several seasons back.

Much music would be available for such a show idea, past, present, and perhaps future.

Widor's organ symphonies would be a good start. The finale of the 5th would be glorious.   Louis Viernes' organ symphonies also.

Edited by Bob P.
  • Like 1