2019 Phantom Regiment

10 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

If you have someone who can do back flips across the field, should it be done just because you can do it? Or should it actually add something to the show?

First Law of Performing Arts - if you have someone in the the group that can do a back flip, it MUST be put it into the performance.

Don’t judge - I didn’t create the law, it’s a natural observation of the performing universe 😀

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

If you have someone who can do back flips across the field, should it be done just because you can do it? Or should it actually add something to the show? 

Since corps do theme shows, I believe everything designed and performed should relate to the theme.  If it doesn't, the score should take a hit.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Since corps do theme shows, I believe everything designed and performed should relate to the theme.  If it doesn't, the score should take a hit.

In this " everything designed " belief, sounds like you prefer the costume themed designed unis and headgear over the same traditional unis / shakos to be worn each season then...   For example. playing  songs from the Musical " Hair ", ie 'Aquarius " in a military styled uniform like the Troopers have and a DM with a holster, etc would need to have " their score take a hit ",  in your view.  Would that be your thinking, Ghost ? Just asking, thats all.

Edited by BRASSO

12 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Yes.  Soup to nuts.

Its the wave of the future now anyway. Corps attire that is designed to more appropriately fit the chosen theme of that Corps for that season.

8 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Its the wave of the future now anyway. Corps attire that is designed to more appropriately fit the chosen theme of that Corps for that season.

If the "wave of the future" is following WGI trends, those corps whose attire fits the theme should get a score boost.

16 minutes ago, Ghost said:

If the "wave of the future" is following WGI trends, those corps whose attire fits the theme should get a score boost.

Or take a hit because said performance doesn't convey said theme.  BUT what if it's supposed to be a marching unit conveying a theme and now doesn't appear to be said unit...score loss.  OR the costumes/uniforms are just ugly and just convey bad taste BUT the show is supposed to be about bad taste....oh my.... :)

Edited by Mello Dude

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

that future is now and has been for a while

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

Although Costuming does not have its own caption on the current DCI sheets ( I believe that in the future, it likely will )  I suppose its indirectly found now on the current GE Visual caption, where the Corps attire can be awarded build up points there by the judge if they believe the costuming successfully added to the overall effect of the show's impressions upon that judge.

Edited by BRASSO

2 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Although Costuming does not have its own caption on the current DCI sheets ( I believe that in the future, it likely will )  I suppose its indirectly found on the current GE Visual caption, where the Corps attire can be awarded build up points there by the judge if they believe the costuming successfully added to the overall effect of the show's impressions upon that judge.

as long as Cesario and Chandler have anyone's ears in the activity, those opposed to costuming will be considered old fogeys.  Interesting never is there a mention of conflicts of interests, certain persons making their livelihood off of units buying costuming, or that one's influence with sponsors is in direct proportion to the sponsors' products being bought. You know, the theory that goes "The activity is for the kids, right?"

• Like 2