2019 Phantom Regiment

This is their 'attempt' at 'playing the game'. Unfortunately, prior attempts at doing so resulted in them not know what the 'game' was. We shall see!

• Like 2

VK has been gone far too long, maybe they’re going the comical route? 

• Like 1

On 11/4/2018 at 7:03 PM, grammie12 said:

I have not been on the site for over a year. I need to premise this in that I did not like the music of the last three years. Do I know what I am talking about as I have been involved for at least 30 years with the corps?  I have been a volunteer in many capacities and a member of the board for a number of years.  I am no longer a member of the board and three of my children marched in the corps.  I have traveled extensively over the years so I know how it functions.  I know the failings and the successes of the corps.

Putting all that aside I am tired of everyone making assumptions and guessing mostly negatively about the Regiment. and the coming year and you have not even seen the show for the first time.on the field.  Until you do I think you should reserve your opinions until you see the final product.  I was ab;e to see the Webinar on Sunday and for the first time feel we are headed in the right direction.  I love the music as it has that Regiment aura about it and it is both classical,  modern and eclectic. No, I will not tell you the repertoire.  Powerful is the word.  From what I have heard of the show concept they are on the right track.  I think we will all be pleasantly surprised.   I will say this the show is modern and eclectic but has a touch of regiment tradition.  Give the kids and staff a break before you make assumptions that are not fact-based and you have seen the show.  So to all a great big SUTa

On 5/19/2019 at 9:45 PM, phd-student-TTU said:

On 5/19/2019 at 7:34 PM, Rocketman said:

This is their 'attempt' at 'playing the game'. Unfortunately, prior attempts at doing so resulted in them not know what the 'game' was. We shall see!

Grammie we appreciate your contribution to Phantom, however, its never been about giving the kids a chance, we know they give their all no matter what they are given.  With every year that passes we "old timers" lose the connection we had when we were young.  What we cherished the most were the music and power that was the Phantom Regiment.  Todays DCI is more about the theatrics and less about the music.  In today's day and age of tweets, emojis, and sound bites, today's Drum Corp is obviously not the same.  I'm willing to accept that and move on in hopes that I'm still alive to see "Old School Music focused Drum Corp" come back into fashion.

Today's Phantom and the past few years result show that Phantom seems to caught in a time warp trying to meld the newer DCI metrics to the newest DCI metrics and totally abandoning the foundational attributes the "were" the Phantom Regiment.

The Battle Cry video is nothing more than a team building exercise...Things like that don't hurt!  Just my opinion.

Edited by Phantombari1