2019 Phantom Regiment

16 hours ago, Phantombari1 said:

Kind of like 2008???

Hopefully not. (And I loved that show.) I want it to be like 2019. And still very Phantom Regiment. And awesome too. 

edit: I just realized you guys were talking baseball, LOL (I hadn’t bothered to double back on the thread. Rookie mistake...)

Edited by year1buick
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

We’ll always have 2016... 

I see what you did there!

• Haha 1

On 5/21/2019 at 7:04 AM, Brian Tuma said:

Who thought that would be a good clip to get us hyped about ‘19? It did the exact opposite for me. 

I've not held back my disappointment for Phantom Regiment's choices in recent years - direction, design hires, show selection, and beyond.

But I think we should all step back and wonder who these videos are for. Are they for a 40 year old (such as myself)? Or are they for a 17 year old? It may not do much for me, but I'm probably not the target audience (and I'm smart enough to get that). 

As for recording sounds to be used in the show... everyone is doing it. Had Crown shown a video doing this, here's guessing (the general) you wouldn't think twice about it. Granted, that's probably a function of you trusting that music design team more than Regiment's, and that's understandable. In their propaganda show, the Cavaliers used recorded singing to enhance the corps singing en masse - had you seen a video of that recording, you probably wouldn't have thought anything of it. 

15 hours ago, Phantombari1 said:

Kind of like 2008???

well I'm ok if the Phillies win the World Series again

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

First row problems...

depends on who's finger controls the ipad

• Haha 1