2019 Phantom Regiment

I can't find the link at the moment, but after all of the Twitter rage about not using womens composers, Will Pitts released a statement about it...very open, honest, and admitting, yeah, maybe we screwed up. I'm no fan of what he's written for Phantom the last few years, but that level of openness and honesty was a breath of fresh air

• Like 2

On 5/31/2019 at 11:06 AM, IllianaLancerContra said:

If you can't do it wearing a proper uniform then you shouldn't be doing it.

WTF does that mean?

27 minutes ago, EricS said:

WTF does that mean?

TRADITION, It means tradition, as well as, “if you can’t take the heat, stay out of the kitchen!”

Military “styled” uniforms, hats &  helmets included, as well as military commands (tone, cadence and snap) are all a necessary part of the traditional military styled marching musical activities and drum corps is the core / epicenter of this tradition.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Land_Surfer said:

TRADITION, It means tradition, as well as, “if you can’t take the heat, stay out of the kitchen!”

Military “styled” uniforms, hats &  helmets included, as well as military commands (tone, cadence and snap) are all a necessary part of the traditional military styled marching musical activities and drum corps is the core / epicenter of this tradition.  

they probably should stay home then.

1 minute ago, EricS said:

they probably should stay home then.

I totally agree. 

Saying I screwed up isn't always an act of courage.  I'm ok with more honesty saying we didn't choose a woman composer for "this" reason rather than caving in for political reasons.  

Having no backbone is a weakness!

Edited by Phantombari1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Phantombari1 said:

Saying I screwed up isn't always an act of courage.  I'm ok with more honesty saying we didn't choose a woman composer for "this" reason rather than caving in for political reasons.  

Having no backbone is a weakness!

Validating the virtue signalers by responding to them at all is a sign of weakness. They could theoretically play music all by women composers, and then some helpy helperton would find some reason to object to the women chosen. Maybe they’re the wrong race, religion, etc. Maybe their stance on whatever issue of the day was wrong. It just never ends. Which is why the proper response should have been pfffft

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Land_Surfer said:

I'm all for tradition to a point. I love kick stops, a little high mark time and company fronts as much as anyone. But Drum and Bugle Corps has changed with the times. I respect the old and new. It should be about entertainment of the crowd and entertainment is very subjective. If you can't find entertainment in what's out there now, then the activity may not be your cup of tea anymore. I personally choose to try and find the entertainment factor in today's marching arts and I marvel at the talent of today's MM's. But that's just my opinion. 

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I personally choose to try and find the entertainment factor in today's matching arts and I marvel at the talent of today's MM's.

Brass has always been my main interest with great drill next, then interesting guard work.  Interesting guard work has taken over 2nd place with the increase of staging with park/walk and play.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1