2019 Phantom Regiment

7 hours ago, Stu said:

We need to channel Don Rickles and have Mel Brooks become a DCI designer.

I think a Mel Brooks show would have been the greatest non-pc show ever marched. I think DCA's Renegades missed a gem with that one. On the DCI side, VK could have possibly pulled it off.  

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

it's society in general. it's just now hitting drum corps show design

A whole lot of SJW butthurt in this world.

6 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I think a Mel Brooks show would have been the greatest non-pc show ever marched. I think DCA's Renegades missed a gem with that one. On the DCI side, VK could have possibly pulled it off.  

I'm going with a new show title....

Lili Von Shtupp

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sideways said:

A whole lot of SJW butthurt in this world

The exact reason why I haven't posted anything to social media in years. In fact, outside of this and billiards forums, I limit my contact on social media as much as possible. Sometimes the line between what is right and what is absolutely silly gets crossed too many times. Having to defend musical selection choices based on the gender of the composer leaves me scratching my head. There are great male composers and great female composers. You should choose the music that fits your show. If your concept REQUIRES that all of the pieces be written by a specific gender then great! Do the #### thing and do it well. But this whole thing has crossed the line into "silly" at this point IMHO. 

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Phantombari1 said:

Lili Von Shtupp

Remember we need to be inclusive here so it should be “Springtime for Hitler”....he comes from a long line of English queens...

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Phantombari1 said:

Lili Von Shtupp

As long as the percussion feature can be called "Would you care for another schnitzengruben?" I'm all in. 

15 minutes ago, Phantombari1 said:

You guys are cracking me up this morning!

There's definitely a niche group of us who all fall into the same-ish age group (give or take a few years) and have that dark / twisted sense of humor. I'm really hoping to meet some of the DCP folks in ATL this year.