2019 Phantom Regiment

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

And why stop there?  Not a single song arranged by a woman, either.  Quick - is any of the percussion writing done by women?  Drill?  Uniform design?

How many of Regiment's equipment suppliers are businesses owned by women?

How many of their marching members are women?  Why not all of them?

• Like 1

Hey y'all. Here is the 21st century solution. If the staff and performers 'identify' as female with the 'perception' that the composers are 'in reality' female, then this whole gender debate should be moot!!!! Or... is the 'identity/perception is reality' claims of folks in this modern world actually a farce?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

It’s not victim status. It is just another example of the inabilities of this design team to think outside the box and really represent the empowerment of women. Go to Twitter, go to Facebook. There are many of us that get it. No ones a victim - it’s just dumb to tout your show as a show about female empowerment and play only music written by men.

Is it dumb to do a show about female empowerment with males in the corps? Should they have gone all-female this year?

(i see others beat me to a similar response)

Edited by frachel

This is a case of “it’s better to be talked about than not”. Lol

My thoughts are sure to **** off people on both sides. I think this show theme is an attempt by an eleventh place corps to remain relevant. Yeah, I’m cynical as all get out as to what PR can put on the field these days. 

6 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Camille Paglia is right.  First wave feminism was great.  Second wave feminism is killing us.  

Talk to my daughter ... according to her we are on something like the fourth wave. I’m a guy, so I just smile and nod.

• Haha 1

Thanks for the clean-up work. Keep on topic...