2019 Phantom Regiment

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

At this point, I’ll bet they wish they’d just said that the theme of their show is “Joan” and left it at that. 

“No wire hangers!” That’s the Joan we’re talking about, right?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

The corps first played it my during rookie year, in 92. I’ve heard you could hear us from two blocks away outside Camp Randall during Finals retreat.

Edited by year1buick

8 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

I bet this makes the next podcast reading they did the one from the Madison thread. 

thanks for the idea

5 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

This is a case of “it’s better to be talked about than not”. Lol

My thoughts are sure to **** off people on both sides. I think this show theme is an attempt by an eleventh place corps to remain relevant. Yeah, I’m cynical as all get out as to what PR can put on the field these days. 

Wish I didn't agree with this statement.

I've been doing a lot of research into women and minority composers this year. I am purposely avoiding adding my opinion to this specific topic, but I read a few pages back about some people not being able to name female composers, so I'd like to offer a list of names to get you started! Again, not adding any input specifically on the politics of programming, but just a reference for those who would like to expand their composer knowledge:

Alex Shapiro
Julie Giroux

Cait Nishimura
Fanny Mendelssohn
Jennifer Jolley
Caroline Shaw

Clara Schumann
Roshanne Etezady
Nicole Piunno

Hildegard Von Bingen
Carol Britton Chambers
Libby Larsen
Lisa Galvin
Jennifer Higdon
Cindy McTee

Obviously there are more out there, but these are ones that I've listened to and I think would work extremely well on the marching field. I put the composers in bold that I think would REALLY work well.

Edited by acolli17
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, acolli17 said:

I've been doing a lot of research into women and minority composers this year. I am purposely avoiding adding my opinion to this specific topic, but I read a few pages back about some people not being able to name female composers, so I'd like to offer a list of names to get you started! Again, not adding any input specifically on the politics of programming, but just a reference for those who would like to expand their composer knowledge:

Alex Shapiro
Julie Giroux

Cait Nishimura
Fanny Mendelssohn
Jennifer Jolley
Caroline Shaw

Clara Schumann
Roshanne Etezady
Nicole Piunno

Hildegard Von Bingen
Carol Britton Chambers
Libby Larsen
Lisa Galvin
Jennifer Higdon
Cindy McTee

Obviously there are more out there, but these are ones that I've listened to and I think would work extremely well on the marching field. I put the composers in bold that I think would REALLY work well.

I'd love to see someone play some of Hildegard's music! Origin of Fire could be adapted as a great ballad (although it'd obviously need some changes from the original to make it work on the field)

6 hours ago, acolli17 said:

Alex Shapiro
Julie Giroux

Cait Nishimura
Fanny Mendelssohn
Jennifer Jolley
Caroline Shaw

Clara Schumann
Roshanne Etezady
Nicole Piunno

Hildegard Von Bingen
Carol Britton Chambers
Libby Larsen
Lisa Galvin
Jennifer Higdon
Cindy McTee

Such an incomplete list.  Where's Hilary Duff, Britney Spears, & Taylor Swift?  Oops...  😂😎