2019 Phantom Regiment

16 hours ago, Ghost said:

Not sure about those states, but Southern UT closes up shop before Memorial Day Weekend.

and it shows.  Back in the Northeast, schools can run as late as the last week of June; requirements minimally are 180 class room days; most school calendars here are written for 185 or 190 days to cover snow days, hurricanes, and other unexpected situations.

5 hours ago, xandandl said:

and it shows.  Back in the Northeast, schools can run as late as the last week of June; requirements minimally are 180 class room days; most school calendars here are written for 185 or 190 days to cover snow days, hurricanes, and other unexpected situations.

Also, most schools in the northeast stat their school year after Labor Day.

16 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

I think NJ goes even later than this week.

June 21st.

5 hours ago, xandandl said:

Federal law dictates 180 teaching class days/year.  UT is no different.  They begin their school year in August.

Why does PR need to use a female composer’s music to bring this theme to life?

Female professionals want to be known as “professionals” not “female professionals”

To me the way the music is used is whats important  

please forgive me me if this was already addressed?

• Like 6

3 hours ago, yogitom said:

Also, most schools in the northeast stat their school year after Labor Day.

In Massachusetts, it is becoming les and less the case of opening after Labor Day. The trend is to bring teacher back on the Monday prior to Labor Day, school begins on the Tuesday, goes till Thursday and resumes the following Tuesday. This works well. You have an extra day for Labor Day weekend, and when you return all the intro activities are completed. 

Edited by Tim K

16 hours ago, Drboned said:

Why does PR need to use a female composer’s music to bring this theme to life?

Female professionals want to be known as “professionals” not “female professionals”

To me the way the music is used is whats important  

please forgive me me if this was already addressed?

I hope it's allowed to post links, but I wrote an article about this for the project I've been collaborating on with some colleagues: Inclusive Programming: My Wake-up Call

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, acolli17 said:

I hope it's allowed to post links, but I wrote an article about this for the project I've been collaborating on with some colleagues: Inclusive Programming: My Wake-up Call

Thanks for that.  I now understand where you are coming from. 

One tiny piece of advice, if I may.  Try not to confuse equality-of-opportunity with equality-of-outcomes.

20 hours ago, Ghost said:

Federal law dictates 180 teaching class days/year.  UT is no different.  They begin their school year in August.

My daughter a junior, wraps up today and school officially ends Monday.  It was supposed to be tomorrow but a snow day was added.  Our town starts in August but other local communities start after Labor Day.  The 180 day rule is what we have,  but there are so many days off during the year, the date is pushed.  They get over 30 days off throughout the year for vacations, teacher workshops and election days.  There is no way a High school in NH could be an ST site for drum corps.