2019 Phantom Regiment

1. that fire of eternal glory arrangement is awful, Mr. Pitts

2. Mr. Pitts needs to teach the corps the concept of Dynamics. It's been a while since a PR corps has properly demonstrated dynamic range. 

3. This is a finals level show but not sure I can say anything much beyond that unfortunately. My fingers are crossed this show blooms into something good

Edited by Cappybara

59 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I'll assume you've seen them. Is it better (in your opinion) than last year's New World? 

7 hours ago, Cappybara said:

2. Mr. Pitts needs to teach the corps the concept of Dynamics. It's been a while since a PR corps has properly demonstrated dynamic range. 

3. This is a finals level show but not sure I can say anything much beyond that unfortunately. My fingers are crossed this show blooms into something good

Why do you not like the arrangement? Did you hear it without percussion? electronics? Perhaps that would alter your perception? I am not sure Will is singularly responsible for the dynamics displayed by the music ensemble. Perhaps they are in the "build your chops, put air through the horn" stage of developing the brass. Is it too easy to be bluntly critical these days, as such seems to be more prevalent now than ever here on DCP and social media in general? 

9 hours ago, Cappybara said:

If true, it's interesting that the previous (and iconic) arrangement was done by... an insurance salesman. Not by a guy who makes his living from composing and arranging.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kdaddy said:

If true, it's interesting that the previous (and iconic) arrangement was done by... an insurance salesman. Not by a guy who makes his living from composing and arranging.

The best word I could conjure up to describe his arranging style when it comes to the iconic pieces (New World, Finlandia) is ‘neutered’. I was worried about the same thing happening with FoEG. We’ll find out soon enough. 

• Like 2