2019 Phantom Regiment

“A well timed lunge” is now competing with “thunderous goo” to be my favorite descriptor of the modern drum corps era. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/8/2019 at 11:14 AM, xandandl said:

And Regiment's Community performance review while Acolli has hijacked the thread to pad his resume'...???

I'm leaving teaching at the end of this year, so no resume padding necessary.

16 minutes ago, acolli17 said:

I'm leaving teaching at the end of this year, so no resume padding necessary.

some astronomical amount (85% of music majors) leave teaching within the first 5 years according to professional stats used in monitoring student teachers and those music teachers under the first ten years of employment: Performance majors who took education jobs because they needed to garner steady income and benefits but just want to perform rather than teach; job reality far different from what the job prospectus promised; inability to deal with school politics/school boards/budgets and constraints; better paying possibilities in tech and other jobs; many reasons.  Whatever yours is, I am sure you gave the discernment much thought and consideration. Whatever your future is and whatever you do may it bring happiness to you as you use new opportunities to make your world a better place. Peace. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

Yikes. Prime example of why corps shouldn’t post pre season show videos. Nothing about this makes me excited for Phantom 2019. Sorry.

The Corp didn't post this. But regardless lets remember this is very early and lots of members are in camps and learning a show. You'd be surprised how corps do after a few weeks of camps. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, JAZZER said:

Keep it classy PR! I also see a lot of potential here but obviously a lot of work to do too.  There were some shining moments in their 2018 production and I'd like to see PR move up this year

Edited by ThePlanets

12 hours ago, Rocketman said:

When was the last time ANYONE used high mark time? That said, if they continue to (try and) appease the old timers by incorporating things not necessary to the storyline, they will continue the slide into an early exit,

One section used a high mark for all of 12 beats. Considering they goosed stepped after that for about 12 beats I would say special effect. No one else in the corps was using a high mark time.

Like many others on this thread I have the same concerns about Phantom and would love to see them return to their former glory. However, I will wait until I see the show to make any judgments.

I have also watched several of the Vlogs by members. They are working hard, leaning a lot, and having a good time. They also seem to really like this show. Let's give em a chance.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, shawn craig said:

One section used a high mark for all of 12 beats. Considering they goosed stepped after that for about 12 beats I would say special effect. 

It’s special alright. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Like 1