2019 Phantom Regiment

22 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Can't say it won't happen again - I know myself - but I am a work in progress.

As are we all from the moment we arrive in this world until the moment we leave it. You're passionate and honest. I, for one, appreciate that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

As are we all from the moment we arrive in this world until the moment we leave it. You're passionate and honest. I, for one, appreciate that. 

Awe shucks. Thanks. Now I am dying to see the Regiment show.

39 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Yeah, but sometimes I get angry and sprout off with the mouth, then walk away and cool down for 10 days to two weeks. I should shut up, not say anything, and then cool down. I'm still not please Regiment didn't include a female composer, but of the 6 minutes of the show I heard I am pleased with the arrangements.

Thank you for being kind. I am, like all of you, passionate about this activity. I just need to temper myself sometimes and realize that we're all in this together.

Can't say it won't happen again - I know myself - but I am a work in progress.

We all are. Welcome to humanity. As you stated we’re all in this together...dare I say, like a phamily?

Edited by Sutasaurus

13 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

We all are. Welcome to humanity. As you stated we’re all in this together...dare I say, like a phamily?

LOL. I'm excited to see their show. I loved the 6 minutes I heard. Arrangements were so much better. Now we have to see how it all goes together and how well the visual design is.

12 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

I agree with many of your points Rocketman. As alumni we need to do a better job of directing our concerns to the BOD. While it makes for “lively” discussion on DCP,  the corps would be better served if we interacted with the folks who can actually effect change. I’m not sure Facebook is the route to go....

I disagree with you on the idea of more $$$ wouldn’t improve their design situation. The corps operates within a strict budget which also includes various educational camps throughout the year and musical outreach programs in Rockford. I would guess those programs don’t fund themselves and and in turn reduces the amount of money the corps allots for the marching program staff. Perhaps those programs should be spun off and  funded separately?

How about an alumni fundraising effort where the proceeds are earmarked not for general operating expenses but specifically for the marching program? I’m all for working with the BOD to improve the corps’ standing and I’d rather be investing my energy in achieving results where it matters than just talking about it.

Constuctive feedback welcomed.

” I AM REGIMENT”

Just a guess, but I would bet those educational camps create profit for the corps, similar to the concept of independent club sports, cheer camps...etc. 

17 hours ago, Rocketman said:

While I have yet to see this thought posted, it may be time to pull a 'Crossmen' (i.e. move the corps to a market that is more conducive to financial support). Rockford is apparently not that market. While I would not like to see this happen, it is better than the corps disbanding.

So, what are those markets?

The Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex deserves consideration.

Watched some ensemble last night. Step in the right direction but I think talent level has taken a hit. Unusual amounts of visual timing that the box called out but they do also push tempos. Credit can be given if they can clean 200. I like the brass book but not the warm blend of past years yet. Show gives off a 80% Spartacus 20% into the light feel for me. They've got props that are kind of just guard poll hiders for now and interested to see how they incorporate them later. Drumline seems improved and has some cool effects with different types of snare heads and sticks. The most memorable part is the drum feature towards the end. Very Rob Ferguson Matrix vibe that just grooves. 

• Like 2

Last year's 2018 forum ended with 108 pages, this one is already at 94 at it's still pre-season. 

Lot's of discussion this season! :91_thumbsup:

12 hours ago, bandguy78 said:

Just a guess, but I would bet those educational camps create profit for the corps, similar to the concept of independent club sports, cheer camps...etc. 

That may be, but if there is also a cost. I imagine this is more of a way to stay connected to the community. But then I ask, why? Has the community of Rockford supported the corps financially in any significant way? What ROI is there in these programs? I still think the answer to survival may be moving the corps.