2019 Phantom Regiment

5 hours ago, Rocketman said:

I don't think it's quite that bad, yet.

We'll know for sure tonight. I am optimistic based on the 6 minutes of music I've heard (standstill) and 2 minutes of on the field video I saw. Can't wait to see how tonight pans out.

5 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

We'll know for sure tonight. I am optimistic based on the 6 minutes of music I've heard (standstill) and 2 minutes of on the field video I saw. Can't wait to see how tonight pans out.

Well............seems to me they were left behind tonight.  i was very disappointed in drill.

• Like 1

Just now, EricS said:

Well............seems to me they were left behind tonight.  i was very disappointed in drill.

I still haven't been able to find a video of the show yet. Yeah, disappointing finish tonight and the word on the street isn't very promising. Could be at risk of sitting in the stands on Saturday night at Lucas Oil. Hope not.

1 minute ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I still haven't been able to find a video of the show yet. Yeah, disappointing finish tonight and the word on the street isn't very promising. Could be at risk of sitting in the stands on Saturday night at Lucas Oil. Hope not.

Lookinng forward to seeing Mandarins, Troopers, Blue Knights

2 minutes ago, EricS said:

I liked what I saw and heard in the theater better than last year's show. But it was sloppy, especially compared to the other shows that followed. Anxious to see them progress over the next few weeks.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, EricS said:

Lookinng forward to seeing Mandarins, Troopers, Blue Knights

I've seen Mandarins. JW is a stud. There is absolutely no way, 0% chance, never going to happen - that they will not make finals. It is a HUGE step up from last year. It is so well designed and so much more demanding. Really going to be interesting to see where they end up in August. Their ending seems to be some take on the Z Pull and the blaring mellos are there. Thanks SCV!

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 1

The music was quite beautiful. I’m going to need more reads on the drill and such. It felt muddled. But again, the music was beautiful.

9 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

I liked what I saw and heard in the theater better than last year's show. But it was sloppy, especially compared to the other shows that followed. Anxious to see them progress over the next few weeks.

I agree and believe the show has potential. To me, the problem was the whole was acceptable for this time of year, but the parts that were not clean were seriously under rehearsed.

• Like 1

A pretty good show but the execution was poor, I thought.