2019 Phantom Regiment

I stopped posting a couple of years ago, but many of the players are the same.  I'm really wondering if some (one) who claim to be alumni were really ever alumni.  I just don't remember that being brought up during past  (similar) complaints about the corps.

26 minutes ago, EricS said:

Saying it agaiin, why should PR  be relegated to someone like Pitts to "continue to grow."  I say it shouldln't.  His writing is about on par with sophomore composition class and he has no creativity..

Cough! J D Shaw, Cough. He got his opportunity with Phantom Regiment.

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

Cough! J D Shaw, Cough

Yep. It takes time. It doesn't happen over night. In my opinion, this year Regiment's musical show is far better than last year from a design standpoint. But the overall design is worse. I also think the execution is worse than it was at this time last year. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

if you don’t feel the current alumni group is doing what it should to reach out to FMMs then offer to fix it, apply to work for them. As for my second comment....if people feel strongly about getting involved then they take the first step and not wait for the a  group to contact them. Don’t use the fact the alumni group didn’t come knocking on your door for your failure to get involved.

Having given up on drum corps as a hobby, I’ve directed my efforts to helping feed the food insecure. It’s something I take very seriously. When we moved to Arizona, I didn’t wait for the local food bank in Tucson to track me down for my work with the Greater Food Depository in Chicago. I took the task on myself! Guess what, they were THRILLED, to get the help!

Parting thought, typing your displeasure on a keyboard doesn’t cut it, taking action does.

Up until the past few years, there have been very few opportunities to get involved unless you live locally. We have never seen a registry of alums in which we could connect with in each state to form something from afar. 

Edited by fatbrassboy
grammer
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Continental said:

So he completed the season with Phantom in 2009?  

If memory serves, yes he stayed the entire season. His rewrite after rewrite after rewrite was due to other changes, contextual, musical, pretty much on a daily basis, mainly by the more 'experiencrd' staff which forced his hand. I would agree if someone said that maybe he had a rough go trying to keep up with the speed of the changes; but to say Regiment was plagued by a bad drill writer is flat unfair, and I believe untrue. He was let go for 2010, and Shaw/Rennick left soon after. But again I believe Nick was scapegoated by being the least experienced on the design staff. And after 10 years, while he still is involved with BOA, that scapegoat release appears to have, sad to say, ruined his DCI career.

Edited by Stu
  • Like 1

Regiment needs to completely scrap the black uniforms and helmets, and just stick to the uniforms that actually fit the theme and are more modern.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, fatbrassboy said:

Up until the past few years, there have been very few opportunities to get involved unless you live locally. We have never seen a registry of alums in which we could connect with in each state to form something from afar. 

And that’s it? You give up? Call the office. Facebook?

Edited by Sutasaurus

3 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

And that’s it? You give up? Call the office. Facebook?

Of course not. I am connected. I am just comparing to corps that are successful for decades. SCV and BD have great alumni programs. That generates dollars, which buys the top designers and staff, which helps produce top notch programs year after year. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fatbrassboy said:

Of course not. I am connected. I am just comparing to corps that are successful for decades. SCV and BD have great alumni programs. That generates dollars, which buys the top designers and staff, which helps produce top notch programs year after year. 

And corps like Madison and Regiment don't want to hear from their alumni. They want people commenting on Twitter and Facebook about how great and wonderful their shows are. They don't want alumni telling them the truth.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Yep. It takes time. It doesn't happen over night. In my opinion, this year Regiment's musical show is far better than last year from a design standpoint. But the overall design is worse. I also think the execution is worse than it was at this time last year. 

What I just heard and saw was a bigi hot mess!