2019 Phantom Regiment

2 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Both posts are correct?

"The next thing I say is true; the last thing I said was false." (hat tip to DEVO)

So, in that same paradoxical realm, yep, both of your posts were correct.

1 minute ago, Stu said:

"The next thing I say is true; the last thing I said was false." (hat tip to DEVO)

So, in that same paradoxical realm, yep, both of your posts were correct.

Everything you say is false 🙂 I'm joking. Lighten up, please. It's just a discussion board. You love Regiment, I love Regiment - let's come together over that.

Recap

Regiment percussion scores helped them tonight. Visual and music scores weren’t great.

Edited by fireshane1

56 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

.... You love Regiment, I love Regiment - let's come together over that.

By golly you have just stumbled on a show concept that would catapult Regiment into first place. Put them in purple costumes with the music of Barney stylizes the Beatles! :laughing:

I love you
You love me.
We're best friends
Like friends should be
Come together
Right now
Over me.

Edited by Stu
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Stu said:

By golly you have just stumbled on a show concept that would catapult Regiment into first place. Put them in purple costumes with the music of Barney stylizes the Beatles! :laughing:

I love you
You love me.
We're best friends
Like friends should be
Come together
Right now
Over me.

You’re giving me flashbacks to the days when I was on the Barney crew. (Slightly different lyrics, though.)

18 hours ago, GeneralTsoChicken said:

Lots of incorrect information in the last few pages, including comments about JD Shaw "learning" at Regiment. 

NO. 

JD Shaw brought Boston into a Top 12 drum corps and even placed higher than Will EVER HAS. WHILE AT BOSTON. 5th place in 2000.

Don't try to revisionist history this. JD wasn't a question mark. He was an exclamation mark. 

Well, there was that one time in 94... 🙂 (Dan Farrell: “Mellophones, what the hell was that?”)

19 hours ago, GeneralTsoChicken said:

Lots of incorrect information in the last few pages, including comments about JD Shaw "learning" at Regiment. 

NO. 

JD Shaw brought Boston into a Top 12 drum corps and even placed higher than Will EVER HAS. WHILE AT BOSTON. 5th place in 2000.

Don't try to revisionist history this. JD wasn't a question mark. He was an exclamation mark. 

He arranged at Boston in 1999, not 2000. Not sure if he was involved in Boston in 2000 - the brass arranger was Marty McCartt. Though the top 12 finished in 1999 was incredible.

His 2002 Phantom Regiment book was not as good as Michael Klesch's in 2000 and 2001, and it wasn't as good as his work that followed. I'll stick with my statement that he grew into the role.

Edited by kdaddy

If Phantom doesn't make finals, the sun will still rise.

Thing is, of the many corps that have existed, this is one of them that still seems to always bounce back.  They have come very close in past years to not being around, but somehow they survive.  

Next year's show should be called "Nine Lives."  

There is still potential in the show for 11th or 12th place. As I said in a previous post Spirit is going to be tough to beat. The question in my mind is who has the most potential growth for their show. Some have said the home show numbers are skewed, but I would humbly disagree. I think they were right on par with what I saw.