2019 Phantom Regiment

2 hours ago, Rocketman said:

Not that anyone is asking but, the first mistake was the shows name 'I am Joan', (sorry but barf). It is too contrived and (IMO) cheesy). They could have continued with the theme but used 'The Fire Within' instead of I am Joan.

Too bad they didn't reach out with a poll question on the show title. A little late now!

You really think "The Fire Within" is less corny than "I Am Joan"?

• Like 2

Congrats to Phantom on winning drums tonight.  Way to go!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, EricS said:

Comparing this year to any year since 2010, IMO and I know most fans disagree, is futile.  Maybe they should stay home for a week, bring in a couple people and fix the show the best they can. 

This!!!!!!

On 6/28/2019 at 6:46 PM, Sutasaurus said:

How about a coalition of concerned fans/alumni....not just the clique. Most of the BOD are people who support the corps during the off season. Bring a unified group with solid financial backing and you might have a chance.

I am an original MM of the Regiment (1956-60). We did not know how difficult it would be to build a competitive drum corps but experience soon taught us the truth,, including a 3-year shut down from 1965 through 1967 after a fire destroyed much or our equipment and uniforms. The interest remained with our core members and we started off again in 1968 with around 26 MM. Four years later, the regiment made DCI Finals with a full complement of 126 MM and have done so since then.

This year, it will be a challenge to do so again. But not an insurmountable one and I believe our 2019 MM will meet the challenge.

Support for the current corps and it's future, can come in many ways. One is direct financial support, at many reasonable dollar levels, through membership in Club 56, managed by Robin Lanning. Go to regiment.org for details on the benefits of this support group. Another option is to contribute to the Fueled program which underwrites daily meals and snacks for our MM.

Another option is to send care packages to MM while they are in the road; the Regiment site will have guidance re the location and timing necessary : I think Oreos are a current members for their favorite...as are messages/notes of encouragement.

For example, if you marched in the percussion section, send a congratulation card to these MM for achieving 1st place in percussion at the Rochester, MN show tonight.

I know it is hard these days but no harder than many difficult times we have faced since 1956.

Keep the faith and, as Myron Rosander said in 2010, the Regiment will come "Into the Light"

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

The more I see and hear of this year’s members, the more I’m reminded of how proud I am of this corps. Even if it doesn’t happen this summer, I do think things will start to turn around. I also think they still have a fighting chance of making Finals. It’ll be tough to pull off— the competition to make it in is as fierce as ever— but I hope they don’t lose hope, because I think it can be done.

• Like 3

Congrats on your fine showing last night, i BELIEVE in your show !! keep up the good work.

Just now, Rocketman said:

Yes. I Am Joan is just Spartacus 3.0.

The Fire Within sounds like something an angsty teenager calls their diary 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Rocketman said:

Or maybe Ghostlight, or Everglow. How about, I Remember Everything. All of these could be as you described.

Maybe "I Remember Everything" but Ghostlight?? Everglow?? How does that even make sense?

Maybe you should just accept that "The Fire Within" is a much worse title