2019 Phantom Regiment

5 minutes ago, Continental said:

Something about this corps just seems to defy expectations when you least expect it.

The membership seems bought in to the show, regardless of how broken it is. 

The changes Will and others have made to the member experience seems to be the biggest pro taken away from the disastrous competitive outcomes. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GeneralTsoChicken said:

Let's not forget that that scenario existed a few years ago and the ensemble STILL got worse, with a big name Program Coordinator. There are only 3 constants here. 

The corps has gotten worse since Dan's role diminished and his ultimate retirement. 

The corps has gotten worse with Will on board

Rick seems exceptionally hands off on the competitive side of things, but has done an amazing job cleaning things up financially. 

While I applaud RV for his financial prowess, I feel his people skills , or lack thereof, are not helping the corps....at all.

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Like 2

They are starting to move up because they have done a lot of cleaning  which has allowed the judges to get a better understanding of what they are doing.   Contrary to what some have written, this a good show with lots of potential to grow.. I don't see them missing finals.

I'm beginning to like the show. As they clean and fix, the concept is coming thru better. Drums are definitely leading the way, brass is also coming along. Visual still needs A LOT of work but I think they're nearly a lock for Finals now. They've had a lot of rehearsal days and its starting to pay off. 

Is there a video of one of their later shows?   It would be nice to see an improved show. 

Edited by EricS

3 hours ago, GeneralTsoChicken said:

Let's not forget that that scenario existed a few years ago and the ensemble STILL got worse, with a big name Program Coordinator. There are only 3 constants here. 

The corps has gotten worse since Dan's role diminished and his ultimate retirement. 

The corps has gotten worse with Will on board

Rick seems exceptionally hands off on the competitive side of things, but has done an amazing job cleaning things up financially. 

But isn't it Rick's job to hire and fire staff to keep things competitive?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, EricS said:

Is there a video of one of their later shows?   It would be nice to see an improved show

Good question. I haven't seen anything after the tour premier.