2019 Phantom Regiment

15 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

agreed! Will is coming into his own. Let’s see how the next few shows develop before throwing the baby out with the bath water. 

13 hours ago, fatbrassboy said:

But isn't it Rick's job to hire and fire staff to keep things competitive?

I would imagine Rick's role is more to place the program coordinator in hiring role and give them financial limitations or other guidelines to follow in crafting that staff. 

Which means that he has failed on the Will Pitts front, but not much past that. 

George Hopkins was one of the exceptions to this model, not the rule. He had his hands in everything. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, GeneralTsoChicken said:

I would imagine Rick's role is more to place the program coordinator in hiring role and give them financial limitations or other guidelines to follow in crafting that staff. 

Which means that he has failed on the Will Pitts front, but not much past that. 

George Hopkins was one of the exceptions to this model, not the rule. He had his hands in everything. 

Any idea what Pat Seidling's role at Regiment was? Was it just coincidence that the all-star staff was compiled while he was there or did he play a more substantial role in design hires relative to Rick Valenzuela?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Good question. I haven't seen anything after the tour premier.

I guess they are scrubbing the internet of recordings until they feel comfortable with it being recorded.  That's understandable but it would be nice to watch them improve for those who aren't fortunate to attend their shows.

1 hour ago, EricS said:

I guess they are scrubbing the internet of recordings until they feel comfortable with it being recorded.  That's understandable but it would be nice to watch them improve for those who aren't fortunate to attend their shows.

So perhaps you shouldn’t be so critical of  a product you haven’t seen in person? I’m encouraged by the comments we’re getting from folks who have seen them live.

A silly question but I gotta ask: Why are  you that dismissive of the group if you have not seen them live?

I’ll take you a bit more seriously when you can give a review from a show you’ve actually attended and not from a jaundiced eye of contempt  for previous staff.

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Thanks 1