2019 Phantom Regiment

So glad to hear they are improving and that the show is better and delivers, i am looking forward to seeing them sunday.......the last couple have just been duds emotionally and visually......cmon regiment, keep pushing and keep that finals streak alive......i believe!

• Like 1

Some of the most recent videos I've seen are a completely different corps than at Ford Field....depending on how they continue to clean this program this program just might move up in the back half of the season.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, lanceengland said:

I saw PR's show last night in Georgia, and their show has MUCH improved from the opening night. Brass is getting its legs and the show had 4-5 nice hits. And a cool part with trombones that was dark and the highlight of the night for me. The "I AM JOAN" part is gone. 

and if they get rid of the hokey brother and sister singing thing at the end it will be much better.

22 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

The reports PR's death may have been a little premature. It appears a comeback of sorts is in the works.

they are much improved, though I would not liken this to a comeback or anything near it. 

4 minutes ago, EricS said:

and if they get rid of the hokey brother and sister singing thing at the end it will be much better.

Thanks Debbie Downer. They’ll get right on that for you. 

1 minute ago, EricS said:

they are much improved, though I would not liken this to a comeback or anything near it. 

The season ain’t over until DCI Finals.......

• Like 1

I'm not a general fan of electronics or amplification, but I like Regiment's use of it this year. The vocals help clearly tell the story, while also adding variety and pacing. Does anyone know: is the opening vocal sung live? I can't tell from the video. 

Never a fan of singing in drum corps, just not my thing.........if that is part of playing the game i get it, but don't care for it....its hokey. Now if you're talking a 3 second segment with the corps singing/humming together or something thats fine -in very very small doses. But still not my taste. 

Adding electronics or sound bites is cool if it enhances a show. 

Edited by The Dog

1 minute ago, The Dog said:

Never a fan of singing in drum corps, just not my thing.........if that is part of playing the game i get it, but don't care for it....its hokey. 

There have been some very memorable vocalizations in drum corps over the years, most of them unplugged. I think there might have been some vocals in Regiment's last championship show?