2019 Phantom Regiment

1 hour ago, EricS said:

NO.  I can but I'm not about to open that can of worms, or beat a dead horse again.  Read back several pages and you should find the answers to your question.  No offense, just don't have the energy.

Pretty much your usual answer.... SAD

Edited by Sutasaurus

23 hours ago, Phantombari1 said:

Phantom  seems to be doing the very basics to get by. 

This has been my contention for quite a few years. While other corps are advancing the activity (not that I like all of it), the Regiment has lagged behind in the innovation area. They are doing just enough (barely) to try and stay in the top 12.  However, this show (design wise IMO) is a vast improvement over 2016-18. However, it still is not 'all in' the way the top corps are. It may be 'all in' for Regiment, but that is relative to past productions.

Props, as much as I loath them, are a necessary evil. If you aren't going to effectively utilize them (which they aren't, IMO), then why have them at all? Perhaps that is something coming around the corner but, that corner is coming up fast!

There are some visual design elements that bother me as well, such as when a large section of the brass line runs to a prop, hangs out there, then runs to another formation. WHY? Then there's the section where you have some of the members 'swaying' in the middle of the field. WHY?

To me, these are big design flaws that need to be fixed. And don't get me started on the end of the show!

Edited by Rocketman
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, xandandl said:

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.newsday.com%2Fpolopoly_fs%2F1.32944563.1561481873%21%2FhttpImage%2Fimage.jpg_gen%2Fderivatives%2Ffeature_512%2Fimage.jpg&t=1562939214&ymreqid=75efd116-029d-f889-1ca4-54004101c200&sig=LHH7oXdrRJRCdByTlb.kUw--~C

I assume that was intended for me......found it mildly funny. Please go back and read my posts again. It’s not all sunshine and sunflowers..... I just choose to state my case in a more constructive manner which should not be construed as being blind to the truth.  I agree changes should be made, starting with the corps director and several BOD but I choose to plead my case without belittling anyone or making fun of them.

A dose of civility around here would do some folks wonders.

Just sayin’.

Peace, out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rocketman said:

Props, as much as I loath them, are a necessary evil. If you aren't going to effectively utilize them (which they aren't, IMO), then why have them at all? Perhaps that is something coming around the corner but, that corned is coming up fast!

Props. Look, if you have props just to hide the marchers/equipment you should re-think props.  If you want to use props, USE them for some purpose (other than scenery).   You, or I may dislike them, but please, please, if you use them let them serve a purpose in the development of the show.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sutasaurus said:

I assume that was intended for me......found it mildly funny. Please go back and read my posts again. It’s not all sunshine and sunflowers..... I just choose to state my case in a more constructive manner which should not be construed as being blind to the truth.  I agree changes should be made, starting with the corps director and several BOD but I choose to plead my case without belittling anyone or making fun of them.

Just sayin’.

Peace, out.

Thank you! You are correct. This site is quickly turning into another RAMD. Differing opinions are generally not welcome on this site. And the personal attacks are becoming almost accepted on here. Thanks again for trying to advance civility on this site!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sutasaurus said:

Just sayin’.

Peace, out.

Actually, you are fine with me. 

It's poor Cappybara's emoji's and comments that are always sad this season on this thread; I thought it must be tough staring into those black holes of open mouths every day and wanted to give a smile.  Do you know my Snapple Diet Lemon Tea top this morning said that "Black holes emit soundwaves in the key of B flat?" And what horns do DCI corps use...?  What a cosmic coincidence!

7 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Actually, you are fine with me. 

It's poor Cappybara's emoji's and comments that are always sad this season on this thread; I thought it must be tough staring into those black holes of open mouths every day and wanted to give a smile.  Do you know my Snapple Diet Lemon Tea top this morning said that "Black holes emit soundwaves in the key of B flat?" And what horns do DCI corps use...?  What a cosmic coincidence!

It’s the smell, mostly. 😐