2019 Phantom Regiment

17 minutes ago, year1buick said:

I think this is great news.

If I had a dollar for every year I heard that Tony Hall came on tour with Phantom to fix the crappy drill/visual that they started with, I’d be a rich man. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Minimaster said:

If I had a dollar for every year I heard that Tony Hall came on tour with Phantom to fix the crappy drill/visual that they started with, I’d be a rich man. 

Maybe so (I honestly haven’t kept track), but they had to work with the here and now, which meant improvement was needed, stat. IMO, Tony is still a great resource to turn to for this. Fix the reasons why he was needed after the season. (We all hope, at least.)

Edited by year1buick
  • Like 4

Don’t know what the weather has been like on tour, but it sure has been below normal summer temps in the southeast this year. Only 78° here yesterday. I can’t imagine anyone would mind that. 

Edited by PRomoter

12 hours ago, billj said:

Huh? Day to day what? This is based on one score I assume. 

Any way, "season may be a bust" doesn't seem very appropriate. The show's cleaning up and improving, and crowds are loving it. Keep it up Regiment!

Very simply, Spirit of Atlanta has been improving faster than Regiment for several performances. Look it up and graph it. If they remain on their current trajectory, they will move into 12th position. 

As far as season being a bust, not making finals for this corps is a bit of a bust. Talk about improvement and pleasing the crowds all you want. If they don’t make finals, there will be a lot of disappointed people, inside the organization and out. Hence, bust. Yes. And, please don’t tell me lots of groups will go home disappointed, because, of course they will. Going home on Friday night would be altogether different for all who love PR. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Minimaster said:

I don't think you can equate Tony Hall coming on tour with a crappy visual design -- until recently he would come out at some point every year. Even the amazing jamey thompson years

• Like 1

3 hours ago, general_tsos_chicken2 said:

8 hours ago, Minimaster said:

I don't think you can equate Tony Hall coming on tour with a crappy visual design -- until recently he would come out at some point every year. Even the amazing jamey thompson years

That’s exactly right. He is a feet guy, a cleaner-upper, not really a redesigner.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PRomoter said:

That’s exactly right. He is a feet guy, a cleaner-upper, not really a redesigner.

posted from the DrumScorps app

I have no idea who this man is, but he sounds like Mike from Breaking Bad. 

• Haha 3