2019 Phantom Regiment

6 minutes ago, gbass598 said:

I'm sure it is a work in progress. Rome wasn't built in a day.

But why?  While other corps are "tweeking" their show PR is doing major rewrites to show.  This seems to happen a lot lately.  Half way through the season, people are being fired, others coming to the rescue.  Yes, the show is greatly improved, but it should have been at this point a month ago.  And IMO, the music book is full of excessive notes like run on sentences especially toward the end of the show, as if to make the music last longer.  It all boils down to staff.  Clean house and find a way to hire a first class staff.

8 minutes ago, EricS said:

But why?  While other corps are "tweeking" their show PR is doing major rewrites to show.  This seems to happen a lot lately.  Half way through the season, people are being fired, others coming to the rescue.  Yes, the show is greatly improved, but it should have been at this point a month ago.  And IMO, the music book is full of excessive notes like run on sentences especially toward the end of the show, as if to make the music last longer.  It all boils down to staff.  Clean house and find a way to hire a first class staff.

I think the horns, drums, and guard are fine, you add a world class visual program to that and a lot of the problems would disappear.  I'm sure this is not the situation the Regiment would like to be in, they picked the wrong drill person, and they are paying the price.

Just now, alvinpr89 said:

I think the horns, drums, and guard are fine, you add a world class visual program to that and a lot of the problems would disappear.  I'm sure this is not the situation the Regiment would like to be in, they picked the wrong drill person, and they are paying the price.

disagree.  he's not the only one incapable. and so i won't get my hands slapped again i won't name names

7 minutes ago, alvinpr89 said:

they picked the wrong drill person, and they are paying the price.

Worth noting: seven different drill writers in seven years (not including mid- to late-season changes this year and last year).

That's picking several wrong people (e.g., 2018, 2019) and not retaining whichever ones were the right people (e.g., 2014, 2015).

• Like 1

18 hours ago, billj said:

From early July to San Antonio, drillwise the major change seemed to be almost an entire new drill for the closer. Were there other major changes besides this in the drill?

Remember 10 years ago when the only drill to remain intact was the opener?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Let’s see what Tony brings to the field! He’s an incredible motivator and the MMs are a very capable group. The combination might surprise us!

keep pushing!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, PRomoter said:

Just got an email that they have an urgent need for food truck and uniform cleaner volunteers between WV and Indy. Here’s your chance to make a difference, not just talk. And, yes, I have worked as a volunteer several times, before I get hit with cabbages and rotten tomatoes. 

Wow. They didn’t used to have to make requests. There was usually so many ppl trying to volunteer that they had to turn them away. 

18 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

I actually think this show can pass the Cadets. 

surely you jest!