2019 Phantom Regiment

35 minutes ago, Phantombari1 said:

But seriously folks, year after year the same conversations occur, only this year the fans digging the show may only dig it on day one of finals week.

But seriously Phantombari1,

how will you help turn that tide?

4 hours ago, The Dog said:

Its going to be nail biting until semi's for PR to remain in finals.........i can only hope they continue and improve. I just don't know if I can stomach PR dropping out. That would be a hard reality sammy to eat. 

I mean I'm not the biggest PR fan. I have friends on staff currently and almost marched there in '97 but its mind boggling to consider that I am 42 years old and PR has never missed finals in my lifetime. That's the sort of streak you want to continue forever.

I thought for certain they were out when I saw them at the beginning of the season but they've pushed to keep it going and improve. I enjoyed Spirit as well too but they seemed to get stagnant for a while. I haven't seen them recently so I hope I can watch this Saturday as I think this weekend will set the tone for finals in regards to placement. PR was up on Spirit by 2 points last week. If they flip flop in Atlanta that may be the decider.

17 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I am pretty much done with this design team, particularly Will Pitts, but I agree that all the negativity on this thread isn't helping. You can really see the members putting their all into this show and that makes me appreciate it as I watch even if it isn't the best design out there. I hope the members are having a hell of a time out there and I'm sure they will make the final product memorable 

Sorry, I will keep my mou h shut.  I guess I get overly critical at the staff issues, not the MMs. And I have lately refrained from naming people.  No more negative comments from me. 

2 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

But seriously Phantombari1,

how will you help turn that tide?

Really, you should give this a rest. It sets an absurd precedent for complaints.

It also opens up this unanticipated response: I won't donate to the corps anymore unless changes are made. That's indeed one way to help turn the tide - all fans and alums, en masse, stop donating to the corps.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

This is great to hear! 

And while this announcement is made on the eve of the Atlanta show (he is a Georgian!) the announcement in Rockford was dated Bastille Day, 7/14. Talk about show theme, ha, ha.

2 hours ago, gbass598 said:

I mean I'm not the biggest PR fan.

IMO there is no middle.  You are a fan or you are not. 

I do not like PR because they won.  I do not like PR because they consistently did well.  I like PR because they touched something  inside of me when I first saw them.

I am a PR fan. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, kdaddy said:

Really, you should give this a rest. It sets an absurd precedent for complaints.

It also opens up this unanticipated response: I won't donate to the corps anymore unless changes are made. That's indeed one way to help turn the tide - all fans and alums, en masse, stop donating to the corps.

With all due respect I disagree. We have a myriad of arm chair corps directors here calling for the heads of current staff and BOD, myself included. My point is...talk is cheap. It’s what you put behind your words that enacts change. Take it for what you will. I plan to start with the alumni group.