2019 Phantom Regiment

27 minutes ago, Continental said:

IMO there is no middle.  You are a fan or you are not. 

I do not like PR because they won.  I do not like PR because they consistently did well.  I like PR because they touched something  inside of me when I first saw them.

I am a PR fan. 

Eloquently put.

One thing I've noted from the commentary on here.....the fact that Phantom's guard went co-ed again has not been commented on.

They are a young, talented group.  Much of what they are achieving on the field is incredible - much of the equipment writing is really good.

Please come back next year.  Please be part of the build upward. 

There’s a lot of upside to the talent in percussion too. They’re getting rewarded for it on the sheets again.  

• Like 2

The corps looked great last night.  The MB stadium is not friendly sound wise to any of the corps, especially PR. 

• Like 1

On 7/26/2019 at 5:21 PM, Continental said:

IMO there is no middle.  You are a fan or you are not. 

I do not like PR because they won.  I do not like PR because they consistently did well.  I like PR because they touched something  inside of me when I first saw them.

I am a PR fan. 

Love this, and I am with you!

To address the glass half empty posters: I'm wondering what group of people are allowed to be outraged and demand wholesale changes of leadership and design staff?

Do you have to be a former marching member? That seems to be the trend for passionate fan bases or three former world champion corps not doing as well as some expect. Maybe this is why (didn't march a big corps) I don't understand such outrage, nor would I ever consider demanding people working for a corps get fired. 

There has been negative talk on here for years, none of which has changed anything, especially the minds of the corps leadership. All the discussion is nothing more than that: discussion. No one’s mind has ever been changed, nor have opinions made any discernible difference. Staff changes in drum corps is a constant process, and just like professional sports, only a chosen few will end up with the winning combination, and even fewer will be able to hold onto championship teams for long stretches of time. Most teams will ebb and flow over decades, giving the armchair quarterbacks something to keep them busy. PR’s fortunes will likely change one day, but until then, let’s all try to remember that in the end this is all little more than high school / college marching band. I love it too, but it’s an odd thing to get so wrapped up in as to get into such heated discussions.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PRomoter said:

There has been negative talk on here for years, none of which has changed anything, especially the minds of the corps leadership. All the discussion is nothing more than that: discussion. No one’s mind has ever been changed, nor have opinions made any discernible difference. Staff changes in drum corps is a constant process, and just like professional sports, only a chosen few will end up with the winning combination, and even fewer will be able to hold onto championship teams for long stretches of time. Most teams will ebb and flow over decades, giving the armchair quarterbacks something to keep them busy. PR’s fortunes will likely change one day, but until then, let’s all try to remember that in the end this is all little more than high school / college marching band. I love it too, but it’s an odd thing to get so wrapped up in as to get into such heated discussions.

posted from the DrumScorps app

True, no argument, and I love it as much as anyone, but, DCI is purely an activity founded on and thrives on total competition where corps placement totally determines the quality of members who consider and audition for a corps.  Let’s be honest, corps who fall out of the top 12 really aren’t as interesting to the masses as those in the top 12, more-so the top 6-7.  No one can afford to fall out of the top 12.  Resources become super limited and the life expectancy hangs in the balance.  PR is not a wealthy corps.  Them falling out of the top 12 will, unfortunately, likely be terminal.  I don’t think the PR leadership has done all they can to attract / maintain top-shelf creative and instructional staff.   

• Like 2

This is exactly my point.  Not donating is one way to have a say in what's going on but at the end of the day I don't want the corp to die, I just want the tough decisions made that will allow the corp to survive.  I've said it many times, if the corp consistently remains near the bottom, they will lose marching members and when that happens the flow on money stops. Its not the marching members, it never has been.

If enough people complain changes will be made.  If the decision makers remain defiant and don't do what is necessary to turn this situation around and it appears as though that's the case, then the marching members will disappear.  As an Alumni I can be upset about what has happened.  As some of my *removed* friends would say, "Its not fair!"   And this is the first time I would agree with their whining cries.

Edited by Toby
Removed political jab
  • Like 1