2019 Phantom Regiment

The PR thread has been rough for as long as I've been on DCP, but this is the most exhausting it's ever been by a mile 

40 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

Considering the number of new to drum corps members they are marching, the corps has overcome some pretty tall odds. These men and women have proven themselves worthy of DCI finalist, may they be rewarded as such. 

Flame me for being a homer, but I think they have to be the most improved corps of 2019.

A big thanks to the whole Regiment organization for an incredible summer of growth. Please know your determination and grit are not only appreciated, it’s admired. SUTA

But should they have to have been the most improved? They deserve better design. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, phd-student-TTU said:

But should they have to have been the most improved? They deserve better design. 

I’m not debating they need better design. I’m merely giving credit where credit is due.

• Like 1

Good luck tonight Regiment! Can't wait to see you guys again, on Flo! 

Love your show.....it's one of my favorites of the summer!

• Like 2

is there a video of the Allentown performance?  i missed it on FLO and here they were really good.

Made the trip to Allentown, and I've gotta agree, most improved corps of 2019, and they are night and day better than 2018 ever was. Goo was a bit loud, but, that's many corps in that range, and I found the program to be one of the more enjoyable ones as a fan!

Just my guess, but my off-season prediction is that we will see the music/electronics design team stay in place (Pitts/Ferguson/Brown) along with their instructional teams and see a whole new visual and guard design team, and maybe someone additional on the program end of things. That being said, who is even on the market?

• Like 1

On 8/3/2019 at 1:35 PM, Cappybara said:

The PR thread has been rough for as long as I've been on DCP, but this is the most exhausting it's ever been by a mile 

good lord, there's 2 other corps threads that are far worse

• Like 1

On 8/3/2019 at 1:35 PM, Cappybara said:

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

good lord, there's 2 other corps threads that are far worse

The existence of "far worse" threads/posts does not preclude other threads/posts from being "exhausting." 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

A rumored secret deal for next year has Regiment buying the garb Academy is wearing this season, tweaking the baldric, and adding the traditional PR white helmet and boa plume to accompany a concept show yet to be decided. If Academy gets tough in the bidding war negotiations, there is a possibility that Will Pitts may be swapped for L. Vento. Just rumors as the off season has already started with Madison's membership announcement.😶

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, bandguy78 said:

Made the trip to Allentown, and I've gotta agree, most improved corps of 2019, and they are night and day better than 2018 ever was. Goo was a bit loud, but, that's many corps in that range, and I found the program to be one of the more enjoyable ones as a fan!

Just my guess, but my off-season prediction is that we will see the music/electronics design team stay in place (Pitts/Ferguson/Brown) along with their instructional teams and see a whole new visual and guard design team, and maybe someone additional on the program end of things. That being said, who is even on the market?

Pete Weber is.

Though I think I'd rather see him in Rosemont. Then maybe Hinshaw to Rockford.

• Like 1