2019 Phantom Regiment

12 hours ago, bandguy78 said:

Made the trip to Allentown, and I've gotta agree, most improved corps of 2019, and they are night and day better than 2018 ever was. Goo was a bit loud, but, that's many corps in that range, and I found the program to be one of the more enjoyable ones as a fan!

Just my guess, but my off-season prediction is that we will see the music/electronics design team stay in place (Pitts/Ferguson/Brown) along with their instructional teams and see a whole new visual and guard design team, and maybe someone additional on the program end of things. That being said, who is even on the market?

Hopefully you are right in that they are talking about new visual/guard for next year. The guard performance is not up to par this year at all. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, bandguy78 said:

Made the trip to Allentown, and I've gotta agree, most improved corps of 2019, and they are night and day better than 2018 ever was. Goo was a bit loud, but, that's many corps in that range, and I found the program to be one of the more enjoyable ones as a fan!

Just my guess, but my off-season prediction is that we will see the music/electronics design team stay in place (Pitts/Ferguson/Brown) along with their instructional teams and see a whole new visual and guard design team, and maybe someone additional on the program end of things. That being said, who is even on the market?

Pitts should be the first to go

• Like 1

Frankly, these kids are selling the heck out of this show.  Seriously you have to look HARD to find as many truly earned applause this corps is getting.  I would gladly take this show over 75% of what is being played out there this year.  Give them kudos for not hiding the brass behind props or pre-staging dress points on the field with said items.  There is a ton to like about this show and what these kids are doing with it.  Seriously, very little cheese out there and just selling a show that seems to stand on it's own well without all the garbage and crutches.  There is a real difference between obligatory applause and the real deal.  These cats are the real deal.  SUTA!!!

Edited by Mello Dude
sp
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Mello Dude said:

Frankly, these kids are selling the heck out of this show.  Seriously you have to look HARD to find as many truly earned applause this corps is getting.  I would gladly take this show over 75% of what is being played out there this year.  Give them kudos for not hiding the brass behind props or pre-staging dress points on the field with said items.  There is a ton to like about this show and what these kids are doing with it.  Seriously, very little cheese out there and just selling a show that seems to stand on it's own well without all the garbage and crutches.  There is a real difference between obligatory applause and the real deal.  These cats are the real deal.  SUTA!!!

VERY excited to see them in person tonight!

3 hours ago, kdaddy said:

I'm curious to hear your argument. 

I’ll bite. Will’s arranging is developing nicely but show design is not his forte. Bring in an upper tier visual design staff and Will can hold his own. 

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, EricS said:

Pitts should be the first to go

Agreed. Especially from the design team. Id honestly be happy if he wasn't arranging brass for phantom anymore either but not sure who phantom would pull in to replace him. Maybe Key Poulan from the mandarins?

4 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Agreed. Especially from the design team. Id honestly be happy if he wasn't arranging brass for phantom anymore either but not sure who phantom would pull in to replace him. Maybe Key Poulan from the mandarins?

No more Santa Clara staff please.

• Like 2