2019 Phantom Regiment

21 hours ago, kdaddy said:

Personally, I'd like to see the team behind 2011 to return. I don't think Rennick would ever be possible regardless of resources, but I keep feeling that Shaw could be possible for the right price given that he's an alum. Shaw, Jamey Thompson, KC Michel, etc. But it's unrealistic.

I'll stay with likely unrealistic but not outlandish: I'd do whatever I reasonably could to get Michael Shapiro. Dude knows how to create effect. Let him hire whoever he wants across the board. While I'm at it, I'm hiring the Blue Stars administrative team as well to make him happy.

the "essrnce" is one of the problems.  Name a corps whose essence hasn't changed

Edited by EricS

I DISAGREE with those calling for the total firing of Will Pitts. I hope he stays with the corps for a long time. 

Do they need more experienced hands in the design process? Yes. Maybe an additional program designer is the answer. Someone with CRED! ... and maybe guard, but god I like their rifle work this year

anyway, Will does so much for the drum corps - and I think if those people who think he should be fired were actually involved and saw what went on, they'd have a different opinion. I'm not sure how much a 'program coordinator' contributes to the artistic design, anyway.

Edited by general_tsos_chicken2
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, EricS said:

the "essrnve" is one og the problems.  Name a corps whose essence hasn't changed

I'd argue that this year, the essence of Regiment has shifted quite a lot. They're playing quite a lot of stuff not in the classical repertoire, and what they play from the classics is pretty bastardized (and lacking effect).

The Blue Stars La Reve show in 2016 was very much in line with what would keep the essence of Regiment - sustained melody from the likes of Wagner and Cirque. 

15 minutes ago, EricS said:

the "essrnve" is one og the problems.  Name a corps whose essence hasn't changed

That was helpful.

Wasn't Wes Pendergrass supposed to join the team for the 2016 season (then somehow Dwight Emmert wound up as drill designer)? I don't know if he's done drum corps design before, but he's popular elsewhere in pageantry. 

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

PR definitely wins the "most improved from first performance of 2019 season until LOS."

Certainly one of the top point gainers from first show to today... 4th (behind Coats, BD and Crown)

• Like 1

Given what has been happening the last few years, I'll gladly take 11th place..........i think i just threw up a little saying that as I never saw the day where  PR expectations would be so low. BUT.......they are better than last few years......so we have that going for us. 

Edited by The Dog
  • Like 1

Not that I'm anti-Crossmen, but I truly hope PR beats these guys. 

• Like 2